Whitmer vs NC State Secondary | The Boneyard

Whitmer vs NC State Secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
In their loss to Tennessee, NC State had some major weaknesses in the secondary allowing 333 yards passing. So I'm thinking this is the perfect chance for Uconn's Whitmer and receivers corps to exploit them, in the passing game and even more so, since NC State's C.J. Wilson is ineligible for this game. If we can have a balanced attack that would go a long way to a W !

Reaction Score
I agree whole hartedly. Who the heck is Tennessee? Run of the mill is who. Who is NC State? Run of the mill is who. UConn can and will play well against this team. We arent the best team in the nation or anything, but our QB is 100x better than last year. I see 10 yard pitch and catches all day long with yards after the catch. RB, FB, TE allllll l get into the mix. this will be a <250 yard game for Whitmer easy.

Reaction Score
Here's hoping that Chandler Whitmer has a great game. I just worry about his history of occasionally throwing to the other team. From where I was sitting in section 123 last Thursday I watched as he threw one to the other guys. It was so
casually done with it hitting the DB in the hands chest high we all sat there in a WTF moment. He made some great throws and had Nick Williams and Jeremy Davis make a couple of great catches in traffic. I read where NCST has a porous but huge OL, on the other hand I hope our depleted DL is still able to do their thing for the whole game. No more injuries please and I hope that HCPP was keeping it close to the vest in the opener. Go DOGS.

Reaction Score
Expect NCSU to bring more pressure than they brought against UT. Expect them to throw multiple looks at a QB starting his 2d college game (1st against a 1A team). And expect them to load the box an force us to prove we are differnt than in years past - no more 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

I'd love to see Griffin start to dominate like i think he can. He should be such a target to any QB, particularly a new one.

For me, the OL has to show up this week, so we can control the flow and let the kids settle in. Bennett looked tentative, for obvious reasons and Mateas had a few lapses. I want to see the big old boys control the LOS.

This team has such an opportunity in front of it. This is a very big game. Last year, they lost game 2 and with it went a lot of confidence. Win here, and they know what we know - they are a solid team who can make some noise. Is it Saturday yet?

Reaction Score
Tennessee has a much better receiving core than us. They will surprise folks in the SEC.

Don't forget NC State still has a very athletic 6'3 All-American Corner in David Amerson and both their safeties are Seniors. They are probably one of the better secondaries we will face all year. This one will be a true test for our new QB and receivers. We will have to step our game up in this one.

Reaction Score
Uconn needs to make NCST defensive backs cover the whole field. Can't have them challenging slants and outs the way other teams have done. How you do it, PP has to figure out that. Seems like have some size in WR, some guys who are shifty and some accuracy in QB (with a little bit of pocket presence). Is a good place to be re opportunity to perform, now just need to execute. There is a reason NCST is not a top 50 team.
Uconn offense needs to score as well as they play, can't be settling for good field position and field goal attemps; need TD's.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's not Whitmer v. the NCSt. secondary. It's our line v. their line. There WILL be guys open all day, if Chandler gets some time he WILL complete the passes.

Reaction Score
It's not Whitmer v. the NCSt. secondary. It's our line v. their line. There WILL be guys open all day, if Chandler gets some time he WILL complete the passes.

I agree, it's our protection against their D, and I think if there's somethign that should be crystal clear by now, it's that this offensive system produces open receivers on the field for a forward pass.

I'm curious to see what their D startsout doing and how it goes through the game. I hope that by the end of the first quarter, we're up on the scoreboard, and their players on D heads are spinning around like Linda Blair in between snaps.

It's when we get momentum and the scoreboard in our favor, that our defense gets really fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom