Which women's basketball prospect could be the next... | The Boneyard

Which women's basketball prospect could be the next...

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I understand the whole “Next Brittney Griner” angle because there’s been no college player like her and no recruit that really seems like they’ll be as dominant as her in the post. But the others confuse me. Yeah Parker was great and both she and Breanna Stewart are similar in their build and skill set so eh I guess that’s a tossup, but Diggins-Smith? Is it purely because she gave Notre Dame the boost they needed to finally get past UConn again? I know she was skilled offensively and defensively, but so was Sims. So was Moriah Jefferson. So were a number of other guards that have come through in the past decade. I like Diggins-Smith (now that she’s not a thorn in UConn’s side), but I’d like to know more about their reasoning for the athletes they chose.

Reaction Score
Dan Olson's posts can be seen as a joke. Don't treat it seriously.
His Tweeters will be lucky if there are more than 10 people hit "like".

Reaction Score
Now I know why I never heard of him. In her four years at Baylor Britteny won exactly one title.. Diggens and Ionesu - also one. Were they great players, yes. Were they Diana, Maya or Breanna? Come on. There are very good players and then there are Hall Of Fame players. .Guess which group belongs there.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Saw this ridiculous thing this morning and said to myself : No way I'm bringing this ridiculous pollution to the Yard. Glad someone else did so I could express my opinion with my little puppy friend.
puppypoo.jpg

Reaction Score
Now I know why I never heard of him. In her four years at Baylor Britteny won exactly one title.. Diggens and Ionesu - also one. Were they great players, yes. Were they Diana, Maya or Breanna? Come on. There are very good players and then there are Hall Of Fame players. .Guess which group belongs there.
Ionesu has not won any NC title yet.

Reaction Score
LOL. He actually compared Marshall, his 14th ranked '21 player to Parker, a 2 time USA Today, Naismith, and Gatorade National HS POY.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
LOL. He actually compared Marshall, his 14th ranked '21 player to Parker, a 2 time USA Today, Naismith, and Gatorade National HS POY.

I think he's just trying to give some players some media spotlight. I'm okay with a few new names. For those upset he didn't mention Paige, he's certainly aware of how special she is. Personally, I've compared Aaliyah Edwards' game to Parker's a bit. Doesn't mean she's the "next" Parker but I have no problems with comparisons.

Reaction Score

Help me. What year was Diggins' championship? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think he's just trying to give some players some media spotlight. I'm okay with a few new names. For those upset he didn't mention Paige, he's certainly aware of how special she is. Personally, I've compared Aaliyah Edwards' game to Parker's a bit. Doesn't mean she's the "next" Parker but I have no problems with comparisons.

His article did exactly what it was meant to do. Fire us up! He knows it’s ridiculous.

Bueckers herself has said she wasn't going to be the next "anyone", but make her own mark.

It's become routine now for ESPN to ignore UConn in their articles. Possible reasons:

1.They hate us.

2.They truly believe the dynasty is over.

3.They truly believe the dynasty is back and don't want to make the rest of the country sick of seeing UConn stories and features in the summer.

4.They don't want to help a team under the FOX Sports umbrella.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bueckers herself has said she wasn't going to be the next "anyone", but make her own mark.
It's become routine now for ESPN to ignore UConn in their articles. Possible reasons:

I don't think he's ignoring UConn. Olson has lathered praise on Bueckers consistently. He rated CW #1 and specifically called ONO out during 2018's AA game when talking about player's with huge potential and upsides.

Reaction Score
What year did Ionescu win a NC?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, Sabrina Ionescu believes that Paige Bueckers will be the next Sabrina Ionescu....maybe with a few more championships to show for it...,,

Reaction Score

1.They hate us.

2.They truly believe the dynasty is over.

3.They truly believe the dynasty is back and don't want to make the rest of the country sick of seeing UConn stories and features in the summer.

4.They don't want to help a team under the FOX Sports umbrella.
#5. All of the above.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Read the article. Let it set in and then laughed.

Not to mention Stewie tells me the article lacks any credibility. Besides, as mentioned in other posts, Diggins-Smith and Ionescu did not win any national championships.

Reaction Score
5. The last time we won it was 5 years ago. They need to write about something relevant. (Maybe same as your #2?)
5. The last time we won it was 5 years ago. They need to write about something relevant. (Maybe same as your #2?)
We have our 4 NCs this decade like we just waiting for 2020 to get it together so we can add 4 more threw 2030

Reaction Score
Sabrina Ionescu accomplished as much in college as Kelsey Plum:

- a legendary player from the PAC-12 conference, widely considered her school's GOAT
- unanimous All-American, AP POY, Lieberman Award, espnW POY
- took her school to their first ever Final Four as a jr, but unable to win a National title
- Set all kinds of offensive records in her four years
- became the #1 overall pick in the WNBA draft
- multi-year Nike endorsement deal

Kelsey Plum has, so far, been unable to replicate her collegiate success in the WNBA. Let's see if Ionescu can live up to the hype that has been lavished on her my her fans and the media. WNBA pros and vets, who also see and hear it, will have a big say in that.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Skylar is one of the two or three best-known women's basketball players today. She made three final fours and has twice been first team All-WNBA as a pro.

Consider the source, but to me Skylar is clearly the defining college pg of the 2010s. Jefferson won more but was overshadowed by Stewie and the overall team dominance of UConn.

UConn is always stacked with great talent top to bottom and plays team basketball which makes it harder for great individuals to stand out.

Reaction Score
Skylar is one of the two or three best-known women's basketball players today. She made three final fours and has twice been first team All-WNBA as a pro.

Consider the source, but to me Skylar is clearly the defining college pg of the 2010s. Jefferson won more but was overshadowed by Stewie and the overall team dominance of UConn.

UConn is always stacked with great talent top to bottom and plays team basketball which makes it harder for great individuals to stand out.

You lost me when you used the word “clearly.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom