Which UConn season would you recommend people watch first? | The Boneyard

Which UConn season would you recommend people watch first?

Reaction Score
Piggybacking on this Best Teams ever Bracket thread

I know people like to binge watch things these days.

Which season would you most recommend people binge watch? Not necessarily because it was the team with the best overall talent, they may not have even won the championship, but just the most enjoyable overall from start to finish and explain why.

Could be because:
  • It had your favorite player/s
  • The competitiveness/closeness of the games.
  • Under appreciated
  • Nostalgia, for those who miss the (Old) Big East.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
If I had access to all of the seasons, I’d start with 85-86, 90-91, and 94-95.

I feel like those three would lay a solid foundation.

Reaction Score
Start with the first available Bascoms senior year and trip to the final four only one game to watch and she’s the start of it all
Watching her work for post position against much taller opponents was what hooked me into watching UConn’s WBB. She showed me how good she was, and how hard she worked, and the rest of the team was the same.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
really tough question.
I like jumping around because the quality of basketball Uconn plays is unique - movement and ball movement and defensive organization and smarts. The players change, but the intensity remains. And it is fun to watch it from Sue and Sveta and Shea, to DT and Ann, to Rene and Maya and Tina, to Stef KML and Bria and the freshman, to Gabby and Lou and Pheesa.

Reaction Score
The 2001-02 season is by far the best one... However there are so many to choose from. The 2015-16 year where UCONN was the first ever 4-peat... they had an undefeated season....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
really tough question.
I like jumping around because the quality of basketball Uconn plays is unique - movement and ball movement and defensive organization and smarts. The players change, but the intensity remains. And it is fun to watch it from Sue and Sveta and Shea, to DT and Ann, to Rene and Maya and Tina, to Stef KML and Bria and the freshman, to Gabby and Lou and Pheesa.
That is such a great point. You can watch a 1995 game and see Rebecca Lobo run the same post isolation plays that Willnett Crockett ran in 2004 and Stevie ran in 2015 and Napheesa Collier ran in 2018.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm watching every championship season. Currently on the 99-00 season, pissed that they didn't beat TN at home, but that might have been a good thing at the end because it seemed to up their intensity and commitment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom