Which TV station will carry the games this year?. | The Boneyard

Which TV station will carry the games this year?.

Reaction Score
Why are you sweatin' me?

Does anyone know if SNY is dropping UConn? Naw! Can't be. I sure haven't heard anything.

Why are you sweatin' me?

I would be surprised if SNY didn't carry the games this year but I think the initial contract expired after this past year.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The SNY contract ran through this past season. I would expect a new contract will be negotiated shortly if not already done.

Last season, SNY viewership of UConn women's basketball was up big time. Don't see SNY letting this one pass.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The SNY website still has UCONN pages, mostly last season stuff, so maybe that is a good sign. Not sure if UCONN being in the AAC has any affect on negotiating for a new contract or not.

Reaction Score
The SNY contract ran through this past season. I would expect a new contract will be negotiated shortly if not already done.

Last season, SNY viewership of UConn women's basketball was up big time. Don't see SNY letting this one pass.

I would be surprised if SNY didn't carry the games this year but I think the initial contract expired after this past year.

I just did some more research and realized I was incorrect in stating that the initial contract between SNY and UConn expired after this past season. In fact the 4 year contract ran from the 2012/13 through 2015/16 seasons. Although I can't find any information regarding a new contract, SNY and UConn were able to work out an agreement for last season. Hopefully that continues well into the future.

Reaction Score
The only reason I get Directv is that they are the only ones around me who carry SNY. I would be hugely disappointed if I can't get the games.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
If you go to the SNY website, the UConn logo is there.

They have a nice article on the MLK game in January with Texas.

I think its safe to assume SNY will continue to carry the women.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I hope SNY, ESPN, ESPN2 and CBS sports Network. Anything else, I will not be able to watch and cheer for my Huskies.
I am UConn#1fan. I have been following and cheering for them since "85".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom