Which TV network for the Tuesday game. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Which TV network for the Tuesday game.

Reaction Score
Feeling WAY better about tonight's viewing situation now. In his good posts MAJIC HANDS revealed that we will be able to see the Coker vs. Wingate game among many others. Sure woudn't want to miss that tussle!
I’ll take Coker +7.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
No thanks, I'll skip this one. We're paying over 200 per month to get a bunch of sports channels including several that ESPN "strong armed" Cable companies into carrying. Not another penny to ESPN from me. Don't think it will stop here folks. You go along with $4.99 per month and then they will eventually add another streaming channel down the line called "ESPN we want more" and that will be another $4.99 per month. Then they split up all the games of the most popular sports teams to try to get people to jump on board yet another service so rabid fans never miss their team. make a stand people. Just say no. Enough is enough.

Reaction Score
No thanks, I'll skip this one. We're paying over 200 per month to get a bunch of sports channels including several that ESPN "strong armed" Cable companies into carrying. Not another penny to ESPN from me. Don't think it will stop here folks. You go along with $4.99 per month and then they will eventually add another streaming channel down the line called "ESPN we want more" and that will be another $4.99 per month. Then they split up all the games of the most popular sports teams to try to get people to jump on board yet another service so rabid fans never miss their team. make a stand people. Just say no. Enough is enough.

I'm waiting for ESPN8 (The OCHO)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It was a very interesting game. Well worth my $0.00 because we already have Hulu and the spouse really wanted Disney+. So now we have all 3 for the price of 2.
I know that it's not for everyone, but I am glad we did it. I even got to watch the Bruins during halftime (and I am not a big hockey fan but I gave it a try).

Reaction Score
Agree with you. This patchwork of streaming services, channels, and technology required just to watch a basketball game is a huge turnoff. I might be willing to try it if I could just subscribe to the channels/networks I want directly from them. Where this is headed is a huge step back from even the CPTV days with respect to UConn WCBB.

Reaction Score
UConn plays over 5 games a month and paying $1.00/ game to watch a stream isn't worth complaining about. Cut the cord, get a streaming service for about 25% of what cable charges and save money. The cost of streaming UConn for an entire season is still less than the cost of attending even one game for 2 people, when factoring in transportation, etc.

Reaction Score
UConn plays over 5 games a month and paying $1.00/ game to watch a stream isn't worth complaining about. Cut the cord, get a streaming service for about 25% of what cable charges and save money. The cost of streaming UConn for an entire season is still less than the cost of attending even one game for 2 people, when factoring in transportation, etc.

And that ESPN+ subscription gives you access to a ton of great games other than UConn.

Reaction Score
Agree with you. This patchwork of streaming services, channels, and technology required just to watch a basketball game is a huge turnoff. I might be willing to try it if I could just subscribe to the channels/networks I want directly from them. Where this is headed is a huge step back from even the CPTV days with respect to UConn WCBB.

Technology, at this point is moving very quickly. I am one individual that is very happy for these "live streaming services and streaming devices". These live streaming services (YouTube TV) finally unshackled me from the worst cable company (Comcast) money grabbing cable service around...."you want HD, sure add another $10 (at the time)....you want a DVR with that...sure add an additional fee, you want the basic, classic, extended, premium channels...sure no problem, we got you covered just keep adding $$$$...and don't try to get out of this 1 year contract or you'll pay steep fines".

Unfortunately, I can only cut the cable portion of Comcast...if there was another way to get Internet, I also cut that portion from Comcast...but over all, I am still paying less than what I was paying Comcast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom