Which team in the big east this year can | The Boneyard

Which team in the big east this year can

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Can compete with the Huskies at all positions and factoring the coaches too. I can see only MAYBE cuse and lville. I think we are too skilled, too deep and too athletic at every position. Factor in the experience this is going to be an exciting year. Could we keep this thread going. I'm tired of this realignment Stop

Reaction Score
Louisville is always pretty tough and they are quite deep, even more than UCONN I think. They also bring in a good class. I think UL will cause uconn trouble with their pressure, and Siva will be tough once again.
I believe they will have trouble with AD and AO, since they really only have one proven center in Dieng, who really isn't that proven yet at all.

Cuse is about as deep as UCONN, but I also think they are really lacking at center. The zone could cause UCONN some trouble, but I think AO and AD should be able to dominate as well.

Then there is Pitt. I always think Pitt will be average and then they are good. I have no comment, except that Pitt will cause uconn trouble.

I think Marquette and Cincy will be good teams as well, who could end up in the top 4 in the league. Was thinking of adding Nova and WVU to that list . . . .

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Personally I this the top 3 are UConn Lville and then Cuse. UConns 4 of 5 starters are returnees from last years team and then there's Drummond. Both ville and cuse give problems bc of their styles of play. But I don't think they're that intimidating anymore as in 09. I think nova should be strong. Did they pick up any big men? Same with Cincinnati they'll be strong. Does st johns have any returnees? And Marquette will be good too

Reaction Score
Personally I this the top 3 are UConn Lville and then Cuse. UConns 4 of 5 starters are returnees from last years team and then there's Drummond. Both ville and cuse give problems bc of their styles of play. But I don't think they're that intimidating anymore as in 09. I think nova should be strong. Did they pick up any big men? Same with Cincinnati they'll be strong. Does st johns have any returnees? And Marquette will be good too

I know we can win a National Championship. I'm just not sure we can finish above the mid-point of the Big East since we finished tied for 9th last season. :)

On paper we look real deep and real good. I'm curious to see how things come together. I feel good about finishing in the top 5. Of course I want to see us finish #1 in the BE while we're still in the Big East and the conference is called the BE.

Reaction Score
Pitt would be preseason top 5 if it weren't for the fact that they're Pitt.

They have Gibbs coming back and an outstanding class, their best ever. They will probably win 30 games.

Reaction Score
Pitt would be preseason top 5 if it weren't for the fact that they're Pitt.

They have Gibbs coming back and an outstanding class, their best ever. They will probably win 30 games.
Round of 32?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I was under the impression that Cuse and Pitt had the best chances of winning the conference before UConn got AD and DD. And Ville was right behind them.

Reaction Score
St John's could make some noise, not at the top but screwing up some rankings. Sort of like the team that can disrupt things.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
St John's could make some noise, not at the top but screwing up some rankings. Sort of like the team that can disrupt things.
They took a hit with academic ineligible players. They still have three great recruits but play the same position. The are replacing a lot of players and now might be shorthanded. So inexperience, strength at primarily the 2/3 and Lavin won't be able to constantly throw bodies onto the court make this team less powerful than three weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom