Which road game would you choose and why? | The Boneyard

Which road game would you choose and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
My brother and I decided to go to a long-distance road game together this year. Our first thought was Duke, since we have a nephew in Raleigh. Then we thought maybe Baylor to get that TExas experience. But Florida sounds good in February. We also should figure in the enjoyment/quality of the game .... so, if you could choose a long-distance road trip from Connecticut to see the women play, where would you go and why?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
avatars-000028258632-jy5cjx-crop.jpg

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Just want to point out that I don't think Waco is where I would go for a Texas experience. If you have time to head a few hours south to Austin and San Antonio or north to Dallas, I'll recommend Texas for the non-basketball aspects of the trip. Drove around the Baylor campus but never attended a game. If you have a burning itch to go to Cameron Indoor (we went), I suppose it is your best chance, but otherwise haven't found that area exciting, plus you can go some other time to see your nephew. Florida is just Florida, we went to RU games several times there. Once we got stranded by a snowfall up the coast.

Again, these are non-game-related thoughts.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I should have said Baylor experience, not Texas experience. I've enjoyed myself in the past in Austin, San Antonio and Dallas. Really liked San Antonio a lot.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I would go the USF game in February. Reasons: 1) Weather; 2) Campus (with free parking) close to many hotels and not far from beaches; 3) They a have a totally remodelled facility which is very nice (including padded seats with armrests) and a practice facility that is amazing; and best of all - 4) good tickets for $5 each. On a game related note, the USF team is not a pushover by any means, and their AAC first teamer Inga Orekhova can bomb a 3 with the best of them. Fun and some sun are my thoughts....

Reaction Score
Double header in Texas........Houston and SMU.....Southwest has good deals with flights, rental car and hotels..Game tickets are cheap.....Both schools are doing big promotions with the National Champs coming to town...Dallas is a 3 hour drive from Houston ........

Reaction Score
I'll be going to the USF game, because afterwards I can drive over
to the Daytona area and visit my brother and his wife and also my
niece who lives nearby. Killing several birds with one Southwest ticket.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I took in the USF last year, and for the special occasion of a UConn visit, don't count on "cheap'.
They took 33 bucks from me.

Reaction Score
I"ll go for MD game...that's a good match up.then with the Duke...Finally ,in Nashvilee in early April.GO GO GO HUSKIES...we are hoping for our 9th NC...

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
If there were talk of a Kiah Stokes homecoming, say, at the University of Iowa, I'd kind of be all over it. (Just because I live 45 minutes from Iowa City. ;) )

Just sayin'...

No, if I could go to any game because I had the free time and the money to travel, I would go to any game in any location where there's no snow. LOL.

Reaction Score
Duke because I already got a ticket, then hopefully Nashville in April and finally if UConn joins the ACC I will go when they play Clemson. :)

Reaction Score
I would choose Duke but since I'm from CT and live in Texas, I will be attending all 3 Texas games-SMU, Houston and most looking forward to Baylor

Reaction Score
Next year...Stanford. Sneak in a visit with my son at the same time. Though it will be tough for me to face the fact that my CT born and bred youngest will be most likely rooting for the Cardinal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Next year...Stanford. Sneak in a visit with my son at the same time. Though it will be tough for me to face the fact that my CT born and bred youngest will be most likely rooting for the Cardinal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That just reminded me of my MIL. She asked why mini chick doesn't cheer for our local teams here in Iowa. Sorry, I just cannot do it. I was born and raised a Michigan fan. And I've been a Husky for over a decade. I just cannot cheer for anyone else. (Same for when I lived in Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. Couldn't make myself give two rips about any of the local teams.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom