Which poster runs bus trips? | The Boneyard

Which poster runs bus trips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Is there one being planned for the UConn/MD game at MSG for basketball? Maybe with enough interest there could be?

GemParty

Reaction Score
21st annual men’s doubleheader culminating event for Jimmy V Week for Cancer Research

Four storied college basketball programs – UConn, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia – headline the 2015 Jimmy V Men’s Basketball Classic doubleheader on Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2015, with proceeds benefiting The V Foundation for Cancer Research. The 21st annual event will be on ESPN from New York City’s famed Madison Square Garden.

Reaction Score
Why be miserable on a bus going through NYC traffic when you can take a train and be there in very little time (depending on the stop). Maybe Danny boy gets a Husky train together like the 2014 S16/E8.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'd be interested. It would be nice to meet some people.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Why be miserable on a bus going through NYC traffic when you can take a train and be there in very little time (depending on the stop). Maybe Danny boy gets a Husky train together like the 2014 S16/E8.
Only time I'd be miserable on a bus trip is if I was driving or we were broke down.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I took one of Ryan's busses down to Yankee Stadium for our football game against Army. Was really well done. Food/tailgating was excellent and it sure beat driving. What was really nice was after the loss, I was able to slug a few more memory-erase CL Smooths.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is a bus trip. It's called Greyhound.

There are also these marvels of modern engineering called choo choo trains.

The threads about the Jimmy V Classic crack me up - it's not exactly a tough ticket.

Reaction Score
There is a bus trip. It's called Greyhound.

There are also these marvels of modern engineering called choo choo trains.

The threads about the Jimmy V Classic crack me up - it's not exactly a tough ticket.
I think this thread was meant for the social animals on the Yard. All the isolationists know how to get from point a to point b alone.

Reaction Score
I don't know a 20-25 person party bus would be a great idea if you leave early enough and make it the party it should be!

Reaction Score
Ryan set up a bus trip to see UCONN play Rutgers one fall. He did a phenomenal job getting everything set up and it was excellently coordinated. I however, will NEVER do a bus trip again as a great majority of the occupants were obnoxiously loud and unruly.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Ryan set up a bus trip to see UCONN play Rutgers one fall. He did a phenomenal job getting everything set up and it was excellently coordinated. I however, will NEVER do a bus trip again as a great majority of the occupants were obnoxiously loud and unruly.
That would suck. Who needs a headache. Everybody drinking on the bus?

Reaction Score

Obnoxious is one thing, loud and fun is another. Not sure whether or not you would like my crowd, respectful but lots of FUN.

GemParty

Reaction Score
It's a long day in NYC if your going for both games. Need some self control.

Reaction Score
In fairness minidarren we piggy-backed off a 30th birthday party since only 12 people signed up for that trip- they had 40+ people on the bus and that was the single worst trip I've ever been on (people took the bus driver on an alternate route to avoid the GWB then, lo and behold, we ended up right at the GWB and the group needed to refuel at a liquor store).

If there's interest, I'll be more than happy to run a bus and get group tickets but need 30+ people to make it work. Truthfully, for MSG, trains are better since you can take MetroNorth to the subway and be right there- the bus trips make more sense to places you can't get to easily from MetroNorth (Barclay's)

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I read this as "ruins bus trips" at first, and thought, "This is going to be a long thread."
10/10 would read that thread.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Only time I'd be miserable on a bus trip is if I was driving or we were broke down.

I don't know.. I was stuck on a bus from NYC to Allentown for 8 hours in 1994 or 1995 due to a snow storm. That sucked pretty hard.

Reaction Score
In fairness minidarren we piggy-backed off a 30th birthday party since only 12 people signed up for that trip- they had 40+ people on the bus and that was the single worst trip I've ever been on (people took the bus driver on an alternate route to avoid the GWB then, lo and behold, we ended up right at the GWB and the group needed to refuel at a liquor store).

If there's interest, I'll be more than happy to run a bus and get group tickets but need 30+ people to make it work. Truthfully, for MSG, trains are better since you can take MetroNorth to the subway and be right there- the bus trips make more sense to places you can't get to easily from MetroNorth (Barclay's)
Getting to Barclay from Grand Central is easy. In Grand central you take the 5 subway downtown. Get off at Atlantic Ave and you are there. About a 20 minute subway ride.

Reaction Score

They should have been left there at the GW. I remember the ride back being very quiet due to the UCONN loss. I could only imagine if they had won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom