Which player will step up to be the leader of the team? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Which player will step up to be the leader of the team?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I would say that Paige is more the "head" of the team because she is absolutely brilliant on the court, her vision is just other worldly. She reminds me so much of Wayne Gretzky in that sense, she always sees how the play is going to unfold before anyone else does & like him she also has the skill to bend it to her will. And she will only get better.

I think it is fair to say Nika is the "heart"of the team, inspiring her teammates with her never give up no matter what determination. She doesn't know the meaning of the word "quit" no matter how difficult the situation might be. She has improved since her freshman year and I believe she can get even better.

The Huskies need both head & heart to win. They're damn lucky to have both in Paige & Nika.

No slight at all on Nika but Paige's heart is just as big. I recall the last 2 games before the injury in her second season against Seton Hall and ND. She was absolutely flying on the defensive end getting putting her body (what there is of it ) on the line again and again. That body crunch by Maya Dodson was brutal. Her head should probably tell her she is too valuable to launch herself into these scrums but her heart says otherwise

Reaction Score
No slight at all on Nika but Paige's heart is just as big. I recall the last 2 games before the injury in her second season against Seton Hall and ND. She was absolutely flying on the defensive end getting putting her body (what there is of it ) on the line again and again. That body crunch by Maya Dodson was brutal. Her head should probably tell her she is too valuable to launch herself into these scrums but her heart says otherwise
This is so true.

And I still cringe thinking about that encounter with Maya Dodson's knee.

Reaction Score
Maybe I am reading things wrong or maybe just full of mullarkey, but as far as the behind the scenes/ off court leadership goes, I see Dorka stepping into the role.
Seems to have the right combination of fire and coolness, along with the obvious respect of the rest of the squad.
With Liv’s departure Dorka inherits the mantle of senior big.
She also had to sit on the sidelines and watch the mauling UCONN took in the paint during the NC final.
Think that will motivate her as much, if not more than any of the others.
Yes, Paige will continue to be the main cog in the machine.
Nika and Ayleah will continue to light the fuse when needed.
But Evina left some shoes to fill.
Maybe Dorka will be Cinderella and don the glass slipper

Reaction Score
Maybe I am reading things wrong or maybe just full of mullarkey, but as far as the behind the scenes/ off court leadership goes, I see Dorka stepping into the role.
Seems to have the right combination of fire and coolness, along with the obvious respect of the rest of the squad.
With Liv’s departure Dorka inherits the mantle of senior big.
She also had to sit on the sidelines and watch the mauling UCONN took in the paint during the NC final.
Think that will motivate her as much, if not more than any of the others.
Yes, Paige will continue to be the main cog in the machine.
Nika and Ayleah will continue to light the fuse when needed.
But Evina left some shoes to fill.
Maybe Dorka will be Cinderella and don the glass slipper

I think you're definitely on to something here. Dorka said how painful it was to have to watch her team lose & be unable to do anything about it because of her injury.

Reaction Score
Paige is the leader. I recall even on the bench especially during the nova game they lost she was screaming at her teammates to play harder / tougher. She has always been the leader.

Reaction Score
Paige and Nika will be the primary leaders but in different ways. The best comparison I can make is like Steph and Draymond with the Warriors.

Paige and Steph are more lead by example, do what I do kind of leaders. Their immense skill sets and talents set them apart and everyone naturally looks to them for leadership. Both also have the ability to put the entire team on their back if the situation calls for it.

Nika and Draymond are more so the heartbeat of the team. They provide passion and energy that is unmatched. However, they aren’t necessarily going to be the ones taking the last shot in a close game like Paige or Steph would be. More for vocal and emotional leadership.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom