Which Paper Did you Read? | The Boneyard

Which Paper Did you Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Will Rogers once said, "All I know is just what I read in the papers."

Without touching on the contrast between, say, the NY Times and the NY Post, permit me to point out the contrast just today and only in HuskyNan's linked news articles.

Headline of a piece in the Hartford Courant: "Chong Stumbles"

Headline of an article in the Ossining Daily Voice: "Chong Bounces Back"

Take your pick.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Will Rogers once said, "All I know is just what I read in the papers."

Without touching on the contrast between, say, the NY Times and the NY Post, permit me to point out the contrast just today and only in HuskyNan's linked news articles.

Headline of a piece in the Hartford Courant: "Chong Stumbles"

Headline of an article in the Ossining Daily Voice: "Chong Bounces Back"

Take your pick.
Don't you have to stumble before you bounce back?

Reaction Score
Something I use to start a fire in my fireplace, although it sometimes has weird symbols on it. Maybe I'll look at them someday.
Don't bother. Save yourself the aggravation. Regardless of which side of the fence you sit, there is no straight up journalism anymore. It's only the writers opinion of what is going on based upon their/their papers political affiliation...Sad to see, actually...

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
That isn't 100% true. What papers do is provide a great deal of local news. Possibly slanted, of course, but who would think that the only other source of local news, the local TV report, isn't slanted as well?

I thought the funniest thing was that we were being sold a partial subscription to the Phoenix paper, and we were resisting because we had heard it was a bit too conservative. The salesman said that a lot of folks thought that, but the conservatives think it is too liberal.

All in the perspective, I suppose.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reading "the paper" will eventually be like "dialing" a phone, a weird phase that "old people" use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom