Which One of You Got Ejected? | The Boneyard

Which One of You Got Ejected?

Reaction Score
They were saying he had a UConn sweatshirt on, but they thought he was ragging us.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
My buddies immediately texted me asking if I was getting kicked out. It was down in front of me but I couldn't see the front of any of the shirts. One kid was definitely wearing a DePaul hat. We were actually getting ready to leave when it happened. I would like to get the full story.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Need the full story on this. Ref was talking to Danny trying to explain things and Danny was desperate to see who he was talking about on the other side of the court. Wonder if someone yelled that he can’t win a close game or something…

Hope that came up in the presser but my immediate reaction was “I wonder if that was a Boneyarder”…lol

Reaction Score
My brother was at the game last night in that attire. Was convinced it was him until I realized it was court seats.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My brother was at the game last night in that attire. Was convinced it was him until I realized it was court seats.
That's funny. I thought the same thing at the bowl game in Birmingham when I lost track of my brother. Sure enough, when I finally caught sight of him, he was being hauled away by Birmingham's finest.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was at the game last night sitting almost directly in front of the guy that caused the delay. He was a younger guy, I’d say late 20s. He wasn’t wearing any DePaul gear, but his buddy had on a DePaul winter hat. He was yelling all game. While he thought he was entertaining, nothing he yelled was thoughtful, original or funny in any way. Referee, Ron Groover, gave him a solid stare down in the very first minute of the game. But it was Referee, Pat Driscoll, that finally put an end to it when the fan started yelling at Tristan Newton. T-New basically told the guy to sit down and shut his mouth but he kept jawing, which led Driscoll to stop play. The disappointing part is that the guy never actually got kicked out. Security just came over and politely ask that he refrain from yelling at people on the court.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I was at the game last night sitting almost directly in front of the guy that caused the delay. He was a younger guy, I’d say late 20s. He wasn’t wearing any DePaul gear, but his buddy had on a DePaul winter hat. He was yelling all game. While he thought he was entertaining, nothing he yelled was thoughtful, original or funny in any way. Referee, Ron Groover, gave him a solid stare down in the very first minute of the game. But it was Referee, Pat Driscoll, that finally put an end to it when the fan started yelling at Tristan Newton. T-New basically told the guy to sit down and shut his mouth but he kept jawing, which led Driscoll to stop play. The disappointing part is that the guy never actually got kicked out. Security just came over and politely ask that he refrain from yelling at people on the court.
Wow after all that. Something tells me he was a little more than just some younger guy. It delayed the game for about five minutes had Hurley yelling across the court and then he is only told to keep it down.

Reaction Score
Wow after all that. Something tells me he was a little more than just some younger guy. It delayed the game for about five minutes had Hurley yelling across the court and then he is only told to keep it down.
Got the Spike Lee heckling pass?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I better never go to a game at DePaul

Reaction Score
Honestly, the guy wasn’t yelling anything that you don’t hear at any other college basketball game. The difference was he was courtside row 2, and there were a total of maybe 700 DePaul fans in the building. You could hear everything he was yelling word for word, and you could tell the players and refs were hearing him clearly.

But I don’t think that Hurley’s issue was the screaming DePaul fan. I think he was using it as an opportunity to ruffle Driscoll’s feathers. He wasn’t happy at all with Driscoll in the first half, and was yelling at him across the court on three separate occasions. Then during a media timeout, Hurley left the huddle, walked over to Driscoll and said “Pat, we are the defending National Champions and the number one team in the country. We deserve more respect.” Driscoll dismissed him and walked to the baseline. Hurley gave a wry smile and returned to the huddle. So, in my opinion, Hurley took the fan delay as an opportunity to get into Driscoll’s ear and give him the business for a few minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom