OT: - Which non-UConn Big East Team would you root for? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Which non-UConn Big East Team would you root for?

Pick your Big East Bandwagon team...

• Butler

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Creighton

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • DePaul

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Georgetown

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • Marquette

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Providence

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Seton Hall

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • St. John's

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • Villanova

Votes: 40 28.0%
  • Xavier

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
As many have said, I will (almost) always root for a Big East team over any non-conference opponent because it will benefit UConn. That being said, I hope to be able to hate some of these teams in the near future, because rivalries are awesome. There was something special about 'Cuse or Pitt coming to Hartford or Gampel.

Reaction Score
Always liked the Johnnie's.... When I lived in NYC I used to play pickup ball on the main court w/some Johnnie alumni

Reaction Score
I went with DePaul and sincerely so.

Villanova needs no voo doo help as long as Jay is there.

So it's location, location location.
I have always been an unabashed Chicago fan. I wish Dave was able to get them back to Myers era DePaul. I was rooting hard for him.

Northwestern isn't quite able to take advantage of B1G membership as it is an actual academic big timer. Chicago has so many HS ballers. I figure somebody will get it together there as long as they remain in Big East.

I mean come on. Omaha?

Reaction Score
Georgetown and St. Johns. If those two schools along with us and Nova could be top 15 teams year in and year out this New Big East could become something almost as special as the old.
My exact thoughts

Reaction Score
UCLA. Love the city and campus, love their tradition as a program, the colors, and frankly as a UConn fan I don’t feel the slightest bit threatened by them winning anything, which is very rare for our program and our spot in the pecking order historically in my opinion.
UCLA must be in the Western Big East Division?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Marquette. I have a lot of friends who went there. Every one them them loves the place. They love to party. They support the program. My friend lived with Chris Farley for three years at Marquette and Farley was a groomsman in his wedding. He has hundreds of stories but here is one of my favorites. They are hosting a party at their apartment and my buddy tells Chris that he is hot for this girl and is hoping for some private time with her that night. During the party my buddy and the girl make their way to his room but it is occupied so they go into a bathroom and start mashing. This goes on for a few minutes until they hear some noise from the shower. My friend pulls the curtain open and there's Farley, butt naked. Farley says, "you guys enjoying the party"? The girl runs out screaming and my buddy just starts laughing. Farley was naked in the bathroom shower for who knows how long on the odd chance that my buddy and this girl end up making out in the bathroom. My buddy and the girl are still married.

Reaction Score
Nova game to town with a NationalChampionship team played the most undermanned team since JC first year post suspensions and kept the final score to 20 points. How can you hate on their coach foe whining. My god whining is the first thing your taught in coaching school.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
St. Johns, I guess. The real answer is anyone but Providence.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
PC would have to be my pick. Have a lot of family that went there. (Married into, but nonetheless, family)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
UCLA must be in the Western Big East Division?
Yea I missed that part of the title. I’ve been away from the Boneyard for a couple years but one thing is for sure still, nothing gets by you guys :rolleyes:.

Reaction Score
All of them but Georgetown and then the Johnnie's are the most important. I love every Big East program but if those two are great it elevates the entire league. I love Jay Wright and Nova but they're already great.

Reaction Score
If you put a gun to my head and said I had to make a choice of one team, I would choose GTown.
I feel PE has done a great job overcoming a lot of player BS and has done more with less than any other coach in the league
Jay Wright is too much of a whinner with the refs for me give a high level of respect but he is a really good game coach with his switches and player management. The 3 top game coaches have to be JW, PE and Mike Anderson - none of the others come close but the Butler coach is knocking on the door.
How can you complain about any coach whining when Hurley coaches UCONN. He embarrasses himself and the University with his spastic behavior.

Reaction Score
If you put a gun to my head and said I had to make a choice of one team, I would choose GTown.
I feel PE has done a great job overcoming a lot of player BS and has done more with less than any other coach in the league
Jay Wright is too much of a whinner with the refs for me give a high level of respect but he is a really good game coach with his switches and player management. The 3 top game coaches have to be JW, PE and Mike Anderson - none of the others come close but the Butler coach is knocking on the door.

I'm going to say Hurls is a much bigger whiner than Wright....

Reaction Score
but you would still take him back in a second

Totally...in a heartbeat. I'm just saying, if yer going to whine about coaches that whine, I think you gotta acknowledge what's in-house now.

Reaction Score
Let me also add George Washington: I'll definitely be rooting for Brendan Adams' success at GW.

It wasn't that long ago when GW was a top-25 team. Lots of high-major talent between James Bishop (LSU, 19.1 ppg), Ricky Lindo (Maryland, 11.4 ppg), Ira Lee (Arizona), Joe Bamisile (Virginia Tech) and Adams.

In the A-10, I've also been following/rooting for Billy Lange's rebuild at Saint Joseph's and I wish Kyle Neptune good luck at Fordham.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom