Which is the bigger threat to our defense this weekend | The Boneyard

Which is the bigger threat to our defense this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Boise St running game or passing game?

Boise has been mostly known as a passing teams through the years and I have been a wee bit disappointed in the secondary so far this year, however their back has been tearing it up!
Boise QB threw 4 ints v.s. Ole Miss - a bit misleading maybe as they were behind big - he ony threw five last year.
I thought the DL played pretty well last game - not sure what to think of our LB's so far.

They had 676 total yards last week v.s. Colorad St evenly distributed between passing and running
The Ole Miss game qb threw 45+ times - 3 to the other team - but only missed on 10 attempts.

I think the passing game is the biggest concern for me come Saturday.

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
Ajayi, Jay 2 53 321 16 305 5.8 2 36 152.5

PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Avg/G
Hedrick, Grant 2 138.8 58-79-5 73.4 616 3 50 308.0

Reaction Score
Boise St running game or passing game?

Boise has been mostly known as a passing teams through the years and I have been a wee bit disappointed in the secondary so far this year, however their back has been tearing it up!
Boise QB threw 4 ints v.s. Ole Miss - a bit misleading maybe as they were behind big - he ony threw five last year.
I thought the DL played pretty well last game - not sure what to think of our LB's so far.

They had 676 total yards last week v.s. Colorad St evenly distributed between passing and running
The Ole Miss game qb threw 45+ times - 3 to the other team - but only missed on 10 attempts.

I think the passing game is the biggest concern for me come Saturday.

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
Ajayi, Jay 2 53 321 16 305 5.8 2 36 152.5

PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Avg/G
Hedrick, Grant 2 138.8 58-79-5 73.4 616 3 50 308.0

I'm not sure what is the bigger overall threat but I am worried about outside rush containment. If you look at the film, the ends and/or outside LBs have been caught numerous times in improper position as the play goes to their outside.

Reaction Score
our turnovers especially early. their running game is good, so hopefully uconn can control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. haven't seen it yet only on defense last week.

Reaction Score
I think our run defense is ok. Pretty much shut down Stony Brook and shut down anyone not named Hill at BYU. I've said a few times that I think some of our linebackers, notably Stewart, are better against the run than the pass. And so far we haven't shown much of a pass rush. It was painful to watch the backup quarterback for Stony Brook stand back there and pick out targets. If we need to add some wrinkles to get some pressure on the passer, then we should add some wrinkles. Good passers-pass rush=trouble for the defense.

Reaction Score
Throw the ball to the wideouts but, have something substantial in there for the tightends after using play-action to the rbs. Our tightends are too good to ignore for the whole game. Lets get them involved.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what is the bigger overall threat but I am worried about outside rush containment. If you look at the film, the ends and/or outside LBs have been caught numerous times in improper position as the play goes to their outside.

Agree, have to protect the edge, otherwise Ajayi is going to have a field day!

I would like to see them blitz more in passing situations. It will be interesting to see
what Diaco and the Defensive coordinators devise to stop the BSU attack.

Reaction Score
I am worried about the Boise State QB getting loose. Thus far we have had a difficult time chasing down a QB on the run.

I don't think this reflects misalignment on the part of our Defense. I think we simply are currently lacking the speed we need to bring down a QB running with space.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
No shows in the stands!!! Get your ass' in the building!!!!

Reaction Score
Passing games can beat you; unstoppable rushing attacks can beat you upo and take your pride. Always stop the run first.

Reaction Score
A wise ass would say that Whitmer failing to put up points is the biggest threat to our defense.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
A wise ass would say that Whitmer failing to put up points is the biggest threat to our defense.
Thankfully we dont have any of those here.

Reaction Score
Boise plays fast, they have history of it. It will be tough when your in the process of finding players to do just that.

Reaction Score
I had a dream that Boise overslept and didn't arrive until the 3rd quarter. Buy that time UConn had put up 24. Should have been more but Whitmer threw a pick at the goal line, Boyle got sacked 3 times taking us out of field goal range, then Diaco decided to kick a field goal rather than go for the td as time was running down in the 1st half. "the kicker really need practice from the 2," was his reasoning. Boise stormed back in the 2nd half, but we held on to win 27-26.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom