Which Husky will be picked first in the 2024 draft? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Which Husky will be picked first in the 2024 draft?

Who will be picked first in the 2024 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
If I'm starting a team from scratch, Im choosing Castle 10/10 times.

Most teams have guards though, and 7'3 mobile centers are in rarified air.

Clingan will go first unless a team trades up to get Castle, or teams will wait for Clingan to go and then trade in right behind the pick for Castle.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
If you look at the drills and each of their performance, it seems Castle helped his stock and Clingan did not help his stock.

Now that we are over a month removed and some of the championship push a few of our players got as the mock drafts and draft news cycle started, we are starting to see more of the same player analysis we have all been talking about start to come to the forefront.

Castle shot well in the drills. Does that translate to game situations? I am not surprised that AK nailed the shooting but how will he perform during the scrimmages.

I see Baylor getting good pub on his performance in the scrimmages. Although there have been opinions about Scheierman’s viability at the nba level, but his stock seems to be climbing the media draft board. I find that surprising as I think AK is currently a better player than BS and I also believe AK has a higher upside. But maybe that is why I am posting on a message board and not in the arena that this is happening real time.

Donovan and his agility scores were really surprising. Before those drills there is no way I could be convinced that Clingan would not score better on agility that Edey. To me that is the biggest surprise of the “combine”.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
And to actually answer the question that the thread is based on.

I think Castle is going to be the first UConn player drafted.

Both he and Clingan go in the top ten.

Reaction Score
I think Castle might actually go ahead of Clingan.

I think when the dust settles the speed and agility tests will hurt DC a lot. He basically tested as one of the slowest players ever? In a league thats increasingly putting everyone behind the 3 point line and switching on most screens I think that could be problematic for Clingan. Everyone keeps making the Gobert comp from a size/drop coverage perspective but they couldn't be more different types of athletes. The Twolves also make it work because they have amazing defensive guards. Not all systems work like that.
There is video of Clingan beating the entire Arkansas team up and down the court in the sweet 16. The NBA teams have all seen it. That is going to get a lot more weight than a single trial of a contrived agility drill.

But actually, I would pick Castle ahead of Clingan too. Not because Clingan coasted through a meaningless agility drill, but because Castle is that good.

Reaction Score
I think Castle might actually go ahead of Clingan.

I think when the dust settles the speed and agility tests will hurt DC a lot. He basically tested as one of the slowest players ever? In a league thats increasingly putting everyone behind the 3 point line and switching on most screens I think that could be problematic for Clingan. Everyone keeps making the Gobert comp from a size/drop coverage perspective but they couldn't be more different types of athletes. The Twolves also make it work because they have amazing defensive guards. Not all systems work like that.
All that may be true, but the story I read about DC at the combine said he improved his standing as the day went along.

Reaction Score
If you look at the drills and each of their performance, it seems Castle helped his stock and Clingan did not help his stock.

Now that we are over a month removed and some of the championship push a few of our players got as the mock drafts and draft news cycle started, we are starting to see more of the same player analysis we have all been talking about start to come to the forefront.

Castle shot well in the drills. Does that translate to game situations? I am not surprised that AK nailed the shooting but how will he perform during the scrimmages.

I see Baylor getting good pub on his performance in the scrimmages. Although there have been opinions about Scheierman’s viability at the nba level, but his stock seems to be climbing the media draft board. I find that surprising as I think AK is currently a better player than BS and I also believe AK has a higher upside. But maybe that is why I am posting on a message board and not in the arena that this is happening real time.

Donovan and his agility scores were really surprising. Before those drills there is no way I could be convinced that Clingan would not score better on agility that Edey. To me that is the biggest surprise of the “combine”.
DC sure never looked slow in game situations so I'm taking this as an anomaly. Who looked more athletic and faster down the floor in the Championship game?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Because people can’t spell his name correctly.
Tristan?
Tristen?
Triston?

Ah screw it, who is next on the list?

Reaction Score
I chose Castle. I think he is a safer pick for a GM who is worried about getting fired. His ceiling is a big star point guard and his floor is a winning player that can do a little of everything like a Josh Hart. Both of them are going to be interviewing and working out with teams and there will be teams that fall in love with both of them.

Reaction Score
Clingan. I think Donovan to the Wizards at #2 is a real possibility. They have one of the worst defenses in NBA history and Clingan is an awesome defensive anchor. Donovan is a bit of a gamble overall because his scoring needs significant work but there's major value beyond his defense, his ability to read defenses out at the three point line has to be intriguing to scouts and he's going to hit threes in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I voted that Castle will be picked first because if Clingan isn't picked at #2 or #3 he is dropping all the way down to Memphis at #9 or OKC at #12. I don't see Castle falling lower than #6 to Charlotte.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
DC sure never looked slow in game situations so I'm taking this as an anomaly. Who looked more athletic and faster down the floor in the Championship game?
That’s what I don’t get. If you look at game situations it was never close. Clingan when healthy ran up and down the court as well as almost any 7’3” guy not named Wemby or Porzingis. Hopefully the game tape cancels out the drill rep performance.

Reaction Score
As a long suffering Wizards fan I can tell you that there is a lot of fan discussion and debate over who would a better pick for the Wizards, Clingan or Castle. At the end of the day, I suspect management will pick Risacher. Nevertheless, its fun to read what non-Uconn fans think about all of our players in this draft. The funniest thing I read was by a Wizard fan who preferred Castle over Clingan because he thought Clingan would have a bigger impact as a rookie than Castle which would result in the Wizards winning too many games. Winning too many games doesn't work if your trying to tank two seasons in a row.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
These guys are going to be invited in for workouts by individual teams, and that is where most of the decisions will be made. The combine is as much about who will be invited where for those workouts.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Spu
Clingan 2, Castle 4. Book it.
Spurs aren’t taking Castle. They need a point guard who can feed Wemby. Spurs are taking whichever Kentucky guard is available at 4.

Reaction Score
Definitely Clingan. Big men with his build and skills are not common. Same can be said for Castle (which is why they'll both go lottery), but the 7'2 guy is a lot more shiny than the 6'6 guy

Reaction Score
Spu

Spurs aren’t taking Castle. They need a point guard who can feed Wemby. Spurs are taking whichever Kentucky guard is available at 4.
I have my doubts they would take Dillingham at #4 because he would be a defensive liability and they historically don’t draft that kind of player. Their main needs are a point guard and a wing, with at least one of them having the ability to hit consistently from the perimeter.

I could definitely see them taking Castle at #4 and then taking best available shooter at #8, someone like Sheppard, Knecht or maybe even Devin Carter. Depends on how highly they view Castle, since they might even think he can play either the guard or wing that they need and can draft BPA on their board at #8. The Spurs also seem to have been drafting for positionless basketball which Castle would easily fit into.

Reaction Score
Spurs are rumored to be interested in picking up a veteran PG that can have an immediate impact on the team-playing with Wemby for a couple of seasons and who could also mentor any younger guards that they might pick up at 4 and/or 8. A vet that has been frequently mentioned is CP3-Chris Paul-- if available at a reasonable price/trade.

I can see where Pop would have an interest in Castle as a position-less guard/wing who is a two way player that's about the team.

Reaction Score
As a long suffering Wizards fan I can tell you that there is a lot of fan discussion and debate over who would a better pick for the Wizards, Clingan or Castle. At the end of the day, I suspect management will pick Risacher. Nevertheless, its fun to read what non-Uconn fans think about all of our players in this draft. The funniest thing I read was by a Wizard fan who preferred Castle over Clingan because he thought Clingan would have a bigger impact as a rookie than Castle which would result in the Wizards winning too many games. Winning too many games doesn't work if your trying to tank two seasons in a row.
Another reason why the NBA sucks
Intentionally tanking should have no place in sport .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom