Which college coach would be best choice to coach LeBron James in a few years? | The Boneyard

Which college coach would be best choice to coach LeBron James in a few years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@jeffborzello: Which college coach would be best choice to coach LeBron James in a few years? We asked 80 coaches for their picks || http://post original url/1mEiaVSYxa

Kevin Ollie comes in 6th with 5% of the votes.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Calipari. They like each other, and Cal will get out of his way and let LeBron do his thing. That's really all there is to coaching LeBron.

Reaction Score
I hope eventually it's Calipari, just to get him out of the college game.

Reaction Score
Calipari. They like each other, and Cal will get out of his way and let LeBron do his thing. That's really all there is to coaching LeBron.

Don't agree with this. LeBron evolved as a player in Miami, and Spoelstra being a much better coach than Mike Brown had a lot to do with that. You could be the most gifted basketball player in the world - and LeBron is - but coaching still matters. More than anything, you need somebody to challenge LeBron to try new things. I think smart, veteran players like Allen and Battier helped him with that the last couple years.

My answer to the question would be Ollie or Hoiberg. Donovan would also be a good option.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Don't agree with this. LeBron evolved as a player in Miami, and Spoelstra being a much better coach than Mike Brown had a lot to do with that. You could be the most gifted basketball player in the world - and LeBron is - but coaching still matters. More than anything, you need somebody to challenge LeBron to try new things. I think smart, veteran players like Allen and Battier helped him with that the last couple years.

My answer to the question would be Ollie or Hoiberg. Donovan would also be a good option.

LeBron evolved as a player as much by hitting his prime as anything else. Spoelstra and veterans helped his progression absolutely. But that was in LB's developmental stage. He's gotten to the point where he knows what to do when. A 30 year old Jordan doesn't need the same coaching as a 25 year old Jordan.

Reaction Score
LeBron evolved as a player as much by hitting his prime as anything else. Spoelstra and veterans helped his progression absolutely. But that was in LB's developmental stage. He's gotten to the point where he knows what to do when. A 30 year old Jordan doesn't need the same coaching as a 25 year old Jordan.

True, but it's not just about coaching Lebron. The coach needs to install offensive and more importantly defensive schemes that maximize the teams chance to win. The blitzing strategy that Miami used for a couple years probably won't work with an older Lebron. It's not as simple as just saying go do your thing Lebron. Even though that will probably still win you a lot of games.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
True, but it's not just about coaching Lebron. The coach needs to install offensive and more importantly defensive schemes that maximize the teams chance to win. The blitzing strategy that Miami used for a couple years probably won't work with an older Lebron. It's not as simple as just saying go do your thing Lebron. Even though that will probably still win you a lot of games.

True that. I was speaking specifically of coaching LeBron (I thought that was the question). Coaching the Cavs as a whole? That's another issue entirely.

Reaction Score
Got something else you want to discuss?
We could use a chicken/egg first thread this off season.

Seriously though its kind of interesting how with all this great CT summer weather, we are still tethered to our keyboards. Maybe we all can use some outdoor suggestions on what to do these final weeks of summer. As for me I obviously have to get out of the house more as this site is addictive.

I guess I'm still on cloud 9 from the Championship.

Reaction Score
Would he have a "secret" tweak for Lebron? Like pass the ball? :rolleyes:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Would he have a "secret" tweak for Lebron? Like pass the ball? :rolleyes:

I have no doubt that Calipari would somehow, someway take at least partial credit for LeBron's success in Cleveland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom