Which Bowl game city did | The Boneyard

Which Bowl game city did

Reaction Score
You enjoy the most. For me it was 2004 Toronto. I loved that city, we walked all over. While it was the first northern city, it was more comfortable temperature wise than all the southern bowls we went to, I guess because we were expecting decent temps, hah!

Birmingham Al because of the great win over So. Carolina. So disrespected by their coach and fans. The hotel we stayed at had a lot of USC fans, including their full marching band ( who used all the hot water). Breakfast at the hotel was interesting with their fans who were pleasant if not a little condescending. Breakfast the next day was a different story. Still nice fans, Sooo cold at the game and what a crappy stadium.

Phoenix 17 hours travel door to door. Hopefully warm weather hopes which was not to be. Damned cold but had some fun with Oklahoma fans. Good first half but went downhill. Was not impressed with Phoenix.

Charlotte, cold and rainy. Got beat by Wake Forest, Wake Forest for God’s sake. Liked the city again weather was not what I expected.

What’s is your favorite?

Reaction Score
In order:

Glendale
Toronto
Charlotte
Detroit

I didn’t go to Birmingham or St. Pete. Because I’m not insane.

Reaction Score
Toronto
Charlotte

Birmingham ( just because of USC
Phoenix. Travel nightmare and cold

Reaction Score
Toronto was great - a real city, hockey hall of fame and we had at least a half dozen of those crazy stories you can tell for the rest of your life.

Detroit was fun - the stadium was amazing and we had a good time.

Charlotte was eh - seemed like the city restaurants and bars didn't really know or care that 15,000 people were looking for something to do.

Didn't go to Glendale, Birmingham or St. Pete.

Reaction Score
I was in the UCMB when we went to Detroit. I had a great time. Never will go back though

Reaction Score
Toronto was great - a real city, hockey hall of fame and we had at least a half dozen of those crazy stories you can tell for the rest of your life.

Detroit was fun - the stadium was amazing and we had a good time.

Charlotte was eh - seemed like the city restaurants and bars didn't really know or care that 15,000 people were looking for something to do.

Didn't go to Glendale, Birmingham or St. Pete.

So ... tell one crazy story?

Reaction Score
Maybe it was a dry cold but it just didn’t seem as cold. It even snowed. It was so cold in Birmingham the USCfans came to visitors side to sit in sun. After the game I stood behind bus exhaust to get warm.

Charlotte wasn’t anywhere as cold just raw and damp.
Went to the parade in Phoenix and natives were wrapped I in blankets, wish we had one.

Wish we had gone back to Toronto before they changed to passports.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Went to the Meineke Carcare Bowl and I've been to both Toronto and St. Pete a few times, but not for the bowl games. I enjoyed Toronto more than Charlotte and both are loads better than Tampa/St. Pete.

Connected through the Detroit airport on Super Bowl Sunday 2015. Quite memorable. We landed in a snow storm and the connecting flight was delayed (as expected). On the down side, my oldest was potty training at the time and because of the delay, I had to listen to the first half of the Super Bowl on my way home from Bradley (I had yet to figure out the mystic wonders of the X1 platform and I don't recall having the app at the time). On the bright side, it was the first time being on a plane during the de-icing process (That was interesting) and I got home in time to watch the second half and the Patriots win.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My favorite memory was UConn fans taking over Charlotte the night before the game. It was documented in the Observer. Ever better, UConn fans were described as "good tippers."

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I went to Charlotte, Toronto, Birmingham and Phoenix and call me crazy but I had the best time in Birmingham.

It was cold as hell, the stadium looked like it was 300 years old but it was college football central down there and we had awesome BBQ every day.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
In order:

Miami 2006
Los Angeles 2009
Glendale 2011
Orlando. 2010
St. Pete 2015

Though not a bowl Dublin is #1.

Reaction Score
I was in the UCMB when we went to Detroit. I had a great time. Never will go back though

My grandson first year at UConn and the UCMB. He had a good time and eventually traveled all over to Fb and M and Wbb. He loved it. Eventually became President kappa kappa psi. As a senior he received a ring along with other pep band seniors

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I live in Uptown Charlotte. The game now is way better than it was in 2007 and Uptown Charlotte is night and day from the last 10 years. Wish there was a way we could add it to the AAC bowl rotation.

Reaction Score
Only one I went to was Charlotte. Not a great weather day but it was a fun time. And Wake Forest wasn't that bad - they were in the Orange Bowl the year before. They stifled us 2nd half.

Reaction Score
My grandson first year at UConn and the UCMB. He had a good time and eventually traveled all over to Fb and M and Wbb. He loved it. Eventually became President kappa kappa psi. As a senior he received a ring along with other pep band seniors
What did he play?

Reaction Score

I remember the name, but I can't put a face to it right now. I played sax the mortal enemy of the the trumpets

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom