Which BE fan base are you least looking forward to welcoming into Gampel/XL | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Which BE fan base are you least looking forward to welcoming into Gampel/XL

Reaction Score
"Let's go X" biggest group of babies. Police had to come settle a potential squabble during the Charleston Classic a few years back.
Yup they were obnoxious in Charleston.

Reaction Score
No worries about DePaul fans, I suppose.

A few of us have a running gag at the Big East Tournament to count how many people we spot wearing anything "DePaul" in the MSG concourse during the first two days of the brackets. Most years, four or less. One year it was just one.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Precious preppies of Nova. The mix of entitlement and anything related to Philly is nauseating.
Philly is bad enough but wait until you meet the Philly Elite which are self proclaimed "South Philly". They come from another planet.

Reaction Score
Precious preppies of Nova. The mix of entitlement and anything related to Philly is nauseating.
If by Philly you mean “the suburbs 45 minutes west of Philly” than sure

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Best part of no Suckacuse in the Big East is not having to deal with their bucket fans, second worst behind Dookturds

I wouldnt disagree, but Pitt fans in their brief climb to the top were worse than Cuse fans. Much. Us and Cuse have been at it so long that there is a twisted (almost) respect in the trash talking.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Agree with Creighton as being as being the jerkies fan base, But I look forward to them being the visiting team and walking away with their tail between their legs. The big dog is back boys.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Best part of no Suckacuse in the Big East is not having to deal with their bucket fans, second worst behind Dookturds
They are idiots, especially on syracuse fan.com, but in my experience at games there is a lot of smack talk back-and-forth but it’s all pretty good-natured.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I welcome any fans that want to mix it up with the UConn fans (in a non physical basis*) but have a decent basketball knowledge and are creative
I don't want to see fans that are obnoxiously drunk or have zero energy
I haven't experienced any fans from Xavier, Creighton and some other NBE members so I cannot comment on them
I really long for the OBE experience but it's a new era

* before someone says it, I mean fans in general and not with just the coeds:cool:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I had a GTown fan nose to nose at Gampel in 2013. Closest I’ve ever come to actually being in a fight in my life.

Reaction Score
I welcome any fans that want to mix it up with the UConn fans (in a non physical basis*) but have a decent basketball knowledge and are creative
I don't want to see fans that are obnoxiously drunk or have zero energy
I haven't experienced any fans from Xavier, Creighton and some other NBE members so I cannot comment on them
I really long for the OBE experience but it's a new era

* before someone says it, I mean fans in general and not with just the coeds:cool:
Reminds me of the River Walk down in San Antonio at the 2004 Final Four. All 4 fan bases were down there and there was lots of woofing without being obnoxious. It was a lot of fun.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I remember Final Four 1999 how great the MSU & OSU fans were, and what complete a**holes the Dook fans were. Even after 3/31 game, "If we played UConn 10 times, we'd beat you 9 put of ten" It was easy to tell them to go suck it!

Reaction Score
I had a GTown fan nose to nose at Gampel in 2013. Closest I’ve ever come to actually being in a fight in my life.
Man do we need Georgetown to be good again though. How great would this conference be if us nova and gtown were top 15 teams consistently.

Reaction Score
I remember Final Four 1999 how great the MSU & OSU fans were, and what complete a**holes the Dook fans were. Even after 3/31 game, "If we played UConn 10 times, we'd beat you 9 put of ten" It was easy to tell them to go suck it!

I went to the final four in 09' and MSU fans were god awful

Reaction Score
Man do we need Georgetown to be good again though. How great would this conference be if us nova and gtown were top 15 teams consistently.
As long as UConn is top 5 then I'm good with that. :)

Reaction Score
All of them?

No one should feel welcome. Let's make this the number one hostile place for away teams to come to. Crazy/loud crowds, the works.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
All of them?

No one should feel welcome. Let's make this the number one hostile place for away teams to come to. Crazy/loud crowds, the works.
Good to have a reputation for loud and rowdy fans towards the action on the court. Not so much for being combative to visiting fans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Reminds me of the River Walk down in San Antonio at the 2004 Final Four. All 4 fan bases were down there and there was lots of woofing without being obnoxious. It was a lot of fun.
I went to the final four in 09' and MSU fans were god awful
#Confirmed. But I don't think god awful is strong enough to describe Sparty. I understand now why MSU is place full of depravity and corruption.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
#Confirmed. But I don't think god awful is strong enough to describe Sparty. I understand now why MSU is place full of depravity and corruption.

I think Sparty in 2009 was overly cocky because they were on home turf.
I did appreciate a couple of them paying 3x over face for immediately after our loss for my finals tickets so I could get the heck out of Dumptroit early Sunday and cut my lo$$es

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Are you too actually neighbors? If so that’s hilarious.

Obviously the twitters of a given fan base isn’t necessarily indicative of a whole fan base but Creighton was sooooo butthurt UConn won the baseball regular season title despite not facing second place Creighton due to Covid cancellations. Spamming any UConn Baseball official tweets etc.

IMO, the Creighton MBB team and coach were so insanely unlikeable last year that it’s tough to see past. I feel like the type of people who would travel to watch their teams are likely much more personable though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom