Which 7 footer do you want? | The Boneyard

Which 7 footer do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Does Marc Suhr have any eligibility left?
His kid - who's a 7-footer - stopped by practice a couple of years ago and played a bit. I think he was 15 or 16 at the time.

Reaction Score
When I was in high school I never saw a 7 footer (or 6'10"+) on a basketball court. Now they are popping up all over the place.

Something is in that damn food I tell you.

belgian_blue_bull_exhibiting_double_muscling_phenominon.jpg

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Either in a new york minute.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
We could be like the sixers and get 5 of them on the team and play 5
Yeah, but all five would have to have serious medical issues.

Reaction Score
What do I know, but personally, I like this kid. Samuel Japhet-Mathias. Playing at VT Academy. We're 50% on his Crystal Ball according to 24/7. 6'10" 290 lbs. Lot of athletic bigs like Billy Preston and Brandon McCoy, but I would much prefer a real big man who can throw around his size in the paint and just get boards and easy drop in buckets over a big who wants to shoot 18 footers. Like this kids game. Even tho it goes against what I just said, I do like Mohamed Bamba a lot too.

Reaction Score
You mean we may actually have a choice????

On a serious note, I lean more towards Brown because we have been on him for a very long time already, and he's got a bevy of connections that KO can work with.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Hey, let's take both and put up a twin towers look at times. Hard to tell much from a highlight video, but I thought that Obiagu looked like he runs well and may be the more conditioned or athletic at this point. Zach used his left hand well and might be the more skilled at this point. Who knows, but both look like awesome prospects.

Reaction Score
We really can't go wrong here. Here's what I'd "want", but I can't always get what I want. :(
<Insert Rolling Stones song here>

Z. Brown to reclassify to 2016. Not saying this will happen, but it could be possible since he repeated 8th grade & has reportedly had very good grades since then. Reclassifying back to a kid's original class has been popular lately. Not sure it's a realistic option with Zach, but this is my "want" scenario.... sorry!!

Then come 2017 I. Obiagu joins the UConn team. Would be nice to see them staggered. (again "want" scenario). He will be an elite shock blocker & defender in college. We've seen this before.

Assuming both stay in the 2017, they are both completely different players.

Zach is the better offensive player. Better touch, not very athletic, but a better offensive skill set.
Ikey is the better defensive player. Better defender, very athletic, but limited offensive skills.
Pick your poison. Can't go wrong here...

Reaction Score
I like ikey because of his lesser offensive ability. Looking for a mobile shot blocker. The guards will do the scoring.

Reaction Score
I live in Vermont in Bellows Falls, which is next town over from where Vermont Academy is located (Saxton's River)- I'll have to check out their games this year- it takes all of 5 minutes to get there from my house!

Reaction Score
Unlikely?

un·like·ly
\-ˈlī-klē\
adjective

: not likely

: not seeming to be right or suited for a purpose

Full Definition

1 :not likely :improbable <an unlikely outcome>

2 :likely to fail :unpromising

Reaction Score
I live in Vermont in Bellows Falls, which is next town over from where Vermont Academy is located (Saxton's River)- I'll have to check out their games this year- it takes all of 5 minutes to get there from my house!
Just read something that he transferred to IMG in Florida I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom