Whew - different | The Boneyard

Whew - different

Reaction Score
Can’t wait to see replay. Running score no indicator of how this was a nail biter until about two minute mark.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Must give kudos to St. John's. Very good defense and a patient offense. But I have to admit some of the St. Johns' bomb as the play clock ticket down were unreal.

Geno said it best in the post game interview, Lou, Pheesa and Crystal tried to win the game by themselves. You don't win playing 3 on 5. 4th quarter play and scoring by Christyn and Megan made a big difference. Everyone on the floor needs to be involved.

Good game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Uconn may need to lose once or twice this season to be ready for march imo.
If the Huskies can somehow get through tough road games vs ND, Baylor and Louisville without losing, I figure they’ll be ready for March.

Reaction Score
If the Huskies can somehow get through tough road games vs ND, Baylor and Louisville without losing, I figure they’ll be ready for March.

Or if they lose one or more of those games without being blown out or dispirited, and actually learn something from the losses...

edit: Point being, there's a lot of paths that can lead to March success - we at UConn have been used to only one of them lately, where UConn never looks like anything but the absolute favorite all season (even if they lose a regular season shocker here or there). But there are other pathways, and most teams win via one of those other pathways.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As much as I want to agree with you, I don't see them winning 2 out of 3 of these games and I also think there's a couple of other OOC games to be wary of. But if they go through the AAC undefeated and have 2 losses, possibly 3, they should still get the Albany #1 seed. And hopefully are not in a FF4 ranking where they would meet ND in the semifinals. I think mentally that's what UConn would want (playing ND in the NC), ND not so much...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As much as I want to agree with you, I don't see them winning 2 out of 3 of these games and I also think there's a couple of other OOC games to be wary of. But if they go through the AAC undefeated and have 2 losses, possibly 3, they should still get the Albany #1 seed. And hopefully are not in a FF4 ranking where they would meet ND in the semifinals. I think mentally that's what UConn would want (playing ND in the NC), ND not so much...
I tend to agree with you. I was just trying to interject an element of hope. I will never underestimate Geno and the Huskies ability to find a way to win it all, but there are a number of teams out there capable of knocking off this UConn team.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Why do they have to finish the regular season undefeated to win the National Championship? After all, outside of UConn and Tennessee, only Texas and Baylor have had undefeated championship years. It’s not like a team has to be undefeated all year to win it all.

Reaction Score
We all can learn a lot in life from adversity (losing). It depends on how one reacts to it.

Reaction Score
Must give kudos to St. John's. Very good defense and a patient offense. But I have to admit some of the St. Johns' bomb as the play clock ticket down were unreal.

Geno said it best in the post game interview, Lou, Pheesa and Crystal tried to win the game by themselves. You don't win playing 3 on 5. 4th quarter play and scoring by Christyn and Megan made a big difference. Everyone on the floor needs to be involved.

Good game.
I agree. Uconn won not just because lots of players stepped up in the fourth quarter, but because St. John's kinda imploded A more experienced team probably would have handled a very mistake-prone UConn team . Still, I like this St. John's team and its coach a lot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom