Where's the love(from the Courant)? | The Boneyard

Where's the love(from the Courant)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought Desmond Conner was supposed to be the voice for UConn Husky Football in the state's main newspaper, the Hartford Courant. Not a peep about Cochran signing, Morehead leaving, who's coming, committing, going, thinking about coming or going. Man..... we only have one BCS school in the state. Somebody at the Courant needs to wake up and realize that if DC can't cover UConn football somebody else needs to. Vacation or not! Personal time or not! Someone at the Courant needs to man the switch. Are they or aren't they the state's main newspaper?

Reaction Score
The Courant came through on the Cochran story. I stand corrected. A thousand pardons!!!

Reaction Score
We need the CT Post and New Haven Register to also cover UConn football well. If those three papers cover UConn football as they should, we're set to grow more.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Love this quote... " It was a no-brainer once the UConn offer came. It says something when you wear your state across your chest in a game."

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You have to admit, even without a bowl game to cover, the Courant FB blog has been quiet.

I thought Dez might have been on vacation.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
dez i think has done a good job over the past couple years. it has been a little quiet of late but i'm not upset about it. i also wish the ct post/nhr would step the game up a bit. you have a paper like the norwalk hour doing good work. why can't those 2? it would be great if the big 3 and then some of the bigger population areas all got into it more. the buzz would def go a long way towards peoples attention on uconn.
-courant/post/reg
-norwalk hour/stamford advocate/danbury?/waterbury?/bristol?/milford?/newlondon?

Reaction Score
being that the dead ( or quiet period... whatever it is ) ends as of January 3rd lookng forward to hearing some football updates after that date... Unfortunately guys we gotta be a little patient til mid next week to start hearing anythng.

Reaction Score
Chip Malafronte @ NHR Ramblings from the Runway does a decent job covering the Huskies... Like most papers now a days he has multiple responsibilities (covers College Hockey - Yale/Quinnipiac)

Reaction Score
The coastal newspapers will jump on the band wagon once the Huskies start making some top 25 noise. Everyone loves a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom