Where's the beef? | The Boneyard

Where's the beef?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Remember that Wendy's commercial from the eighties?

Little old women's question regarding value of a competitors hamburger product. Was cute and funny.

The ingredients, the chef, and the way ingredients are assembled make a good hamburger and keeps customers returning for more.

So, with regard to the UConn football program, I ask "Where's the beef?"

I'm not sure they have the ingredients (talent level) of players to compete at the BCS level. Heck, UConn could barely compete with an 0-2 FCS team.

Now I'm beginning to question if the chef's (coaches) have the ability to offer something palatable and worth the prices to the fans that will keep them returning to the Rent. The menu (AAC) is lousy, and UConn is quickly becoming one of the worst items (team) on the menu.

Where's the beef?

Reaction Score
It was an atrocious performance. But, lets give BD a couple of swings at the plate before we call BS on him.

What most bothers me is the delusional rainbows and sunshine appraisals from Diaco. We're not stupid, nor the players. So its times to start telling it like it is. I'd much prefer, "We stunk and we're lucky to have pulled out a win. We are going to have to play much better to be competitive, and I have to do a better job getting them ready to play."

Reaction Score
It was an atrocious performance. But, lets give BD a couple of swings at the plate before we call BS on him.

What most bothers me is the delusional rainbows and sunshine appraisals from Diaco. We're not stupid, nor the players. So its times to start telling it like it is. I'd much prefer, "We stunk and we're lucky to have pulled out a win. We are going to have to play much better to be competitive, and I have to do a better job getting them ready to play."

I would be happy with: "We need to figure out how to start a game without turning it over twice to start every game."

A better opponent and this game, we'll never mind. They didn't f-------king lose to Stony Brook. Boise next.

Btw, I can't wait for opening day. This is the first football season in my lifetimetime I've ever gotten to do it twice.

It was hot today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34