Where's DJ Shoemate? | The Boneyard

Where's DJ Shoemate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WTIC says he's injured... got dinged up during practice this week. Or something like that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we're keeping him healthy so that he's really ready for Vandy. No need to risk any injuries or elongate healing times for reps against Fordham.

Reaction Score
Either that or McCombs beat him out and the way he's playing he's not gonna give up many carries...hoping DJ gets some carries I like '2 headed' RB for the long haul...

Reaction Score
It'd be tough for McCombs to survive 25 carries a week through the Big East schedule. Glad this is just a minor injury that it seems they were being careful about. I saw him on the sideline pregame, and he was fully suited up and stretching so I assumed he'd be playing.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Word on the street: he sprained an ankle in practice on Thursday...

Reaction Score
Either that or McCombs beat him out and the way he's playing he's not gonna give up many carries...hoping DJ gets some carries I like '2 headed' RB for the long haul...
I agree-running back by committee seems to be the way to go since we don't seem to have a clearcut leader at RB. Tough to tell against a 1AA team, but McCombs looked like he could certainly be a solid part of a rotation, but with his size, he went down on first contact against a 1AA team almost all the time today. Solid speed, but not what I was hoping for as a small back. I think he will be a nice piece, but not the answer by himself. Of course, one game in isn't fair to pass judgment so....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom