Where's all the Ollie apologist? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Where's all the Ollie apologist?

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Well you got bass to LIKE this, that's impressive.

You have a good night also pal.
Thank you:) that was very kind of you

Unlike many, I don't post for "likes", I find them arbitrary and insignificant. I care about the future of what was once a top tier program, and how to one day regain that status. In my opinion, Ollie has (unfortunately/ sadly) become an obstacle towards achieving that. That doesn't make me any less of a fan than you, we both want the same things, we just have a difference of opinion on how we get back to being a dominant program.

Reaction Score
Here's the thing; there's a strong case he can't be kept if this kind of performance continues and keeps them out of the tourney. Even if the alternative is no better, you don't reward poor performance by continuing to let him be an employee of the program. That's what I'm worried about -- that it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of situation.

I think this is really tough for almost everyone to admit. Once you're at the top of the mountain, you never want to come back down. I get in trouble with everyone for being the expectations police, but I think it's very clear that coming to terms with "not being elite" and being several steps down from where we once were will be hard for the entirety of the fanbase.

What's becoming clearer and clearer --at least to me -- is that program's successes were due to Calhoun's own innate qualities and skills, as well as his ability to display then in the environment of the OBE. Not some magic fairy dust that lingers around the program no matter who the coach is and what conference they're playing in.

We are never getting back to the mid 90's to mid 2000's run of being a 1/2 seed 2 out of every 3 years. That is going to bum some people out but its the reality. This has been the reality for a while. The 2 semi-flukey championships have done a number on people's expectations as well. Realistically, we should expect to be what Cinci is right now, maybe a 3/4 seed in the best years to a 9 seed on the worst years and if that is not enough for folks, too bad. We should expect to run through this mediocre conference, along with Cinci and SMU, and hopefully make some deeper runs than these guys have. Granted, the tourney is kinda a crapshoot and we may not even reach these expectations but I think this should be the bar, for now. Hopefully it doesn't fall even further.

Reaction Score
How was that fallacious? I'm saying "the alternative won't be better" shouldn't be an argument in favor of keeping him.
You're making an argument of false equivalence based upon an argument of false authority couched in an argument of repetition.

Stop. Just stop – you're adding nothing.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You're making an argument of false equivalence based upon an argument of false authority couched in an argument of repetition.

Stop. Just stop – you're adding nothing.

What two concepts/ideas am I wrongfully setting as equal to one another? Which authority am I mistakenly appealing to?

I've been engaging in actual discussion with plenty of people on this topic all afternoon/evening. I know you're really ticked at me over Dan Hurley, but seriously, cool it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It's sad that you don't know the difference between engaging in discussion and JAQing off.

Please grow up.

If you can't identify what exactly was fallacious in what I said and why it meets those definitions, I see no reasons to take those accusations seriously.

Reaction Score
I don't care about KO's energy but it's pretty obvious we have decent players who suddenly look at a basket as if it's a UFO and seem totally lost on offense. And why do the officials call an incredible amount of fouls on us? Something's wrong here and it's not a talent disparity between us and Arkansas. There just aren't any excuses that hold water. Coaching matters.

If you don't work the refs (see KO, Bobby Redpants, Paul "I'm having fun" Pasqualoni) they will work you.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
grow up, we're here, we're always here

it's the haters that disappear after a win, a bunch of one trick ponies that double up as internet tough guys

pathetic existence
What you just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever read.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rationale thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having to read it.

CDIe31ZWYAANA2r.jpg

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Been alot more embarrassing losses before, quite a few under Calhoun. Check out our losses to St John's and Georgetown during the dream season, a couple at Louisville give me time and I'll come up with more. I'm not saying Ollie should go or stay but bad losses happen even to good teams. Ask Arizona how they're week went.
I was away and not up on all the schools' results but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Arizona didn't lose two games by 20 and 35 points so their week was way better than ours.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom