Votes: 31 38.3%
  • Andre Jackson

Votes: 50 61.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I really didn't know what positions any of the players were slotted at this past season. AJ handled the ball a lot in transition because he grabbed a ton of the rebounds and DH wanted the team to run. I never felt we had a true PG anytime last year as I looked to RJ as SG in a PG role. Gaffney did look more like he wanted to be a PG when he was on the floor. No way was AJ ever slotted as the PG with his main objective to bring the ball from an inbound under the opposing teams basket, bring it up the court, set up the offense and control tempo - he has one tempo and that is fast forward.
I really don't see a true PG in the future under DH - he is looking for scorers because he wants an up tempo team and that is why the team struggles in the half court offense. I love the running game but I am terrified when UConn has to play a slower style when it can't dictate tempo. UConn teams have seldom been half court offensive teams - they were able to play some effective half court when T Brown, KEA, KO, Hobbs were pure PGs - even Marcus Williams, who I consider the best passer at UConn was not all that effective in the 1/2 court.
My take is that UConn needs guards next season - period

Reaction Score
Who was running the offense when Cole was running off screens set to get him open 3pt shots?

AJ had a role in running point. Included making entree passed to Adama in the post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco
Top Bottom