Based on last year alone, who played more specifically at the PG Position

• Jalen Gaffney

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • Andre Jackson

Votes: 50 61.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Got into a friendly debate with a buddy of mine and was hoping some UConn diehards could help settle the debate.

Reaction Score
Can someone with access to the stats post them? Like @auror said... this information is available and quantifiable.

I would guess overall it's about the same. But by February/March was skewed well in favor of Jackson.

Reaction Score
Can we change this question to when on the court, who controlled the ball for a higher percentage of the time?

Jalen Gaffney played more PG this season, based on the depth chart. He was also invisible on the floor. So the guy who played the "2nd most" PG minutes was virtually invisible.

But Andre handled the ball much much more, and with much more success. So whatever answer makes you feel better inside is the one you should go with.

Reaction Score
Can we change this question to when on the court, who controlled the ball for a higher percentage of the time?

Jalen Gaffney played more PG this season, based on the depth chart. He was also invisible on the floor. So the guy who played the "2nd most" PG minutes was virtually invisible.

But Andre handled the ball much much more, and with much more success. So whatever answer makes you feel better inside is the one you should go with.
Just to be clear, our original discussion was who handled the ball more, not who played PG more. And if we're all being honest, Andre handled the ball for far more minutes than Gaffney was even on the court.

Reaction Score
Just to be clear, our original discussion was who handled the ball more, not who played PG more. And if we're all being honest, Andre handled the ball for far more minutes than Gaffney was even on the court.
welllll i was talking about running the point for sure "Gaffney played way less for sure, but Gaffney ran the point last year even with Cole in the game at times. Jackson handled the ball in transition a lot, but running the point is a different thing altogether"

seems like you were talking about handling the ball tho "Jackson handled the ball a hell of a lot more and a hell of a lot better than Gaffney last year, so maybe we pull back a bit on calling other folks morons."

Upon re-evaluation could def have contributed to the length of the debate at hand

Reaction Score
welllll i was talking about running the point for sure "Gaffney played way less for sure, but Gaffney ran the point last year even with Cole in the game at times. Jackson handled the ball in transition a lot, but running the point is a different thing altogether"

seems like you were talking about handling the ball tho "Jackson handled the ball a hell of a lot more and a hell of a lot better than Gaffney last year, so maybe we pull back a bit on calling other folks morons."

Upon re-evaluation could def have contributed to the length of the debate at hand
Jackson definitely played more point than Gaffney as well. Just trying to clarify your original assertion since it has changed a few times.

Reaction Score
starting to sweat it out i see, hearing that other ppl agree gaffney played more at point

Reaction Score
"Gaffney played way less for sure, but Gaffney ran the point last year even with Cole in the game at times. Jackson handled the ball in transition a lot, but running the point is a different thing altogether"

"completely agree. I think he'll bring the ball up in transition and dictate the pace often almost in a similar way Draymond Green does with the Warriors, but I don't see him being the defacto Point Guard out there, or the sole ball handler in the lineup too often"

I was def talking specifically the PG position, but like i suspected from the beginning, you "read one line of the post and just say "no" rather than reading the whole thing and actually talking about the points at hand."

Reaction Score
i genuinely don't know what some on this board consider the "point guard position" to be.

if you watched the second half of the season closely, jackson clearly played a substantial amount of minutes initiating offense with the ball in his hand, even when cole was on the floor. to me, that's a point guard.

he might not have guarded the opposing team's point guard all of the time, but he clearly played that position on offense a fair amount. gaffney barely played, and was off ball a lot of the time that he did.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
@BIIIG, we argue about anything and everything on the Yard. So feel free. But your question has been argued ad nauseum already AND it doesn't matter. How about we have some forward looking conversations instead of re-hashing something that has no bearing on next years team. If your question is who played PG dribbling with his back to the basket the most then Gaffs your guy.

Reaction Score
You had a tantrum and made a poll to try to prove a point... now you don't like the results, so it's because no one understands you. What must it be like to live in your world? Wowzers.
I'd venture to guess that his is a dark place and if the windshield wiper on his belly button doesn't work...he can't see the world for what it truly is. Again, just a guess .

Reaction Score
@BIIIG, we argue about anything and everything on the Yard. So feel free. But your question has been argued ad nauseum already AND it doesn't matter. How about we have some forward looking conversations instead of re-hashing something that has no bearing on next years team. If your question is who played PG dribbling with his back to the basket the most then Gaffs your guy.
well said hahahaha, thought it was pretty obvious my 60% comment was a joke as i had been proven wrong by the voters

@UCSouth that was a weird ass comment

Reaction Score
Maybe I'll try to find some stats later when I'm home. Because I somehow got dragged into the middle of this argument by saying we need guards from the transfer portal

Reaction Score
There's not a clear answer, because unlike baseball there aren't clear positions. You're on the court or you're not. We all get to define "point guard" our own way. Is it who guards the other team's point? Is it who brings the ball up court? Who really starts the offense? Who gets the ball to create when the shot clock goes down to 4 seconds?

I don't think AJ played the point for us barely at all last year, because he really only played one of those roles -- walking it upcourt. If he and Gaffney were in together, it was Gaffney guarding the other team's point guard. But in the absence of a true definition, there can't be a true answer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom