Where would we be ranked if not for St.Joe’s? | The Boneyard

Where would we be ranked if not for St.Joe’s?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I’d say somewhere near the top ten...
I would say we'd be ranked, but somewhere between #20 and #25 but I really don't think we should worry about rankings. It's nice to see, especially after such a long absence, but I would leave that to those voting and just focus on giving our best one game at a time and let the rankings take care of themselves.

Reaction Score
Number 1 obviously. Everyone satisfied?

Update: UCDaveD is not satisfied. We need to invent a higher ranking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rankings don’t mean much in November. One thing about the St Joe’s loss is they beat us without Bouknight. If he plays the rest of the season like he has the last two games, then the selection committee would not hold that bad loss against us that hard.

Reaction Score
Rankings don’t mean much in November. One thing about the St Joe’s loss is they beat us without Bouknight. If he plays the rest of the season like he has the last two games, then the selection committee would not hold that bad loss against us that hard.
Also, if we play the rest of the season like this we're winning the AAC

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is a pretty wide range of teams that UConn can beat, and lose to. St. Joe's is not at the end of that range, UConn is capable of losing to teams much worse than St. Joe's if it plays poor defense and reverts to hero ball on offense.

If this UConn team stays focused every game, a tournament bid is likely, but there are going to be some ugly games this season.

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
We showed we are at least comparable to Xavier, who is 16-18 . W/O a St JOe's loss we'd probably be in that range, slightly higher.. 20ish..The loss vs St Joes can only be overcome with consistent wins against bottom feeding & low-middle AAC teams. ECU, Tulane, USF, we need to win against these teams and at least split with the Temple's, UCF, Cinnci, etc. Memphis & Hou will be tough, but we won't get into the tourney as a 19 win AAC team. We will need to crack 20 wins & finish top-3,4.. Which is now considered achievable.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In my opinion the Saint Joe’s loss may end up being one of our most important games this season. We grew up a lot after the game and it helped define roles and expectations.

Reaction Score
In my opinion the Saint Joe’s loss may end up being one of our most important games this season. We grew up a lot after the game and it helped define roles and expectations.

Yup, and it's a great thing for Hurley to have in his pocket to keep us sharp through the December schedule.

Reaction Score
I think you have to be young to care about where they’re ranked but I get it. After all we haven’t been close for 4 years. When I was HS/college age we’d pray in the 70s/80s they’d just receive votes. It was the Top 25 then too. I’m good with them not getting there yet keeps them from getting a little too happy. Keep’em hungry!

Reaction Score
I think you have to be young to care about where they’re ranked but I get it. After all we haven’t been close for 4 years. When I was HS/college age we’d pray in the 70s/80s they’d just receive votes. It was the Top 25 then too. I’m good with them not getting there yet keeps them from getting a little too happy. Keep’em hungry!
The top 25 started in 1989-1990 season. Before that it was only a top 20. Remember, you're old!

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
AAC Member- Receiving Votes (10)
Big East Member- (#20 with who we have played)

Reaction Score
Bottom line - we are constantly moving up in Kempom etc - just keep doing what we are doing and things will take care of themselves.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We beat a similarly ranked Sacred heart team by 22 5 days earlier and we play a similarly ranked Iona team next week. It’ll be interesting to see how that game goes.

bottom line, we will have games like St Joe’s and we will have games like Miami. Just hope we find some positive consistency

Reaction Score
No worries about this. We just need to take care of business on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom