Where will Paige end up in 4 years? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where will Paige end up in 4 years?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Paige will just be added to the endlessly swirling debate between our greats. Some pick a position, some pick the Natties, some will pick the player leading the team the year they got their new recliner etc. etc. AND may it never change.

Reaction Score
To me, DT and Stewie are on another level from Maya. (I put Maya, Charles, Bird as the next three to round out my top 5)..

And I put DT on a different level than Stewie.

Paige might be at the DT level by the time she graduates.
Breanna went four for four. Even Diana didn't do that with a loaded roster her freshman year, also considered the greatest starting 5 in women's college basketball history after going 39-0 in 2002.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Practice squad? Let’s get her on the team that wins the gold in Tokyo this summer.
jon stewart wish GIF

Reaction Score
Breanna went four for four. Even Diana didn't do that with a loaded roster her freshman year, also considered the greatest starting 5 in women's college basketball history after going 39-0 in 2002.

They lost two All Americans, and wouldn’t have gone to the final four without her.

UConn was at least a final four team even without Stewie all four years..

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Enjoy it now because after her junior season she gone. She's already 19 and needs to capitalize on a career where age reins.
IMO she'll skip her senior season due to being old enough to turn pro. By that time she will have accomplished everything she wants to do at UConn and will be bored by the lack of competition at the college level.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
They lost two All Americans, and wouldn’t have gone to the final four without her.

UConn was at least a final four team even without Stewie all four years..

That says more about their teammates than it does the individual players. Throw Stewart or Moore as a junior on the 2003 team and they're a legitimate title threat as well.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Lots of basketball to be played.....my guess is if she wins at least 2 she'll be in the conversation for best ever along with the big 3. Moore is still the best UCONN freshman I've ever seen skill wise. As a freshman she finished 2nd to Candace Parker in POY voting, beating out a slew of older players who were All Americans in multiple years like Sylvia Fowles, Angel McCoughtry, Candice Wiggins, Crystal Langhorne, and Courtney Paris. She was the standout on a team that beat a lot of really really good teams that year including North Carolina, LSU, Stanford, and Rutgers back when those programs were all legitimate title threats. Not to mention Louisville 3x and beating Duke by 26.

If Paige can lead UCONN to a title as a freshman as the standout player on the big stage I think she'll surpass Moore's first year. The SC game will be a big moment too for Paige since it's the only marquee regular season game UCONN has this year.

The path to 2, 3, or 4 titles isn't going to be easy for Paige, as both South Carolina and Stanford are incredibly loaded the next few seasons. Paige will be facing some other huge goliaths that Stewart/DT/Moore didn't face after their freshman season.

Reaction Score
I would suggest that in four years she will end up as the Head Coach of Basketball at UConn. ??

Reaction Score
IMO she'll skip her senior season due to being old enough to turn pro. By that time she will have accomplished everything she wants to do at UConn and will be bored by the lack of competition at the college level.

I don't know, maybe we can wait till she wins one NC first before saying that she will be bored by the lack of competition at the college level.

Reaction Score
That says more about their teammates than it does the individual players. Throw Stewart or Moore as a junior on the 2003 team and they're a legitimate title threat as well.

more had a significantly more talented team Her senior year than DT did.

but yes, this is why it’s hard to compare careers, and I go by what I saw. No one else made their teammates better the way DT did - no one fought for the wins the way DT did. And I don’t think anyone had the skills that DT did - although both Stewie and Maya were more athletic.

And I know that’s not quite fair to Stewie..because she never had to fight to win..But isn’t circumstance part of what determines who the GOAT is?

Reaction Score
My prediction is after four years, the debate for the fourth member of Uconn's Mount Rushmore will be over! Most have agreed for years that the top three were Stewie, Maya, and Diana. After that some liked Sue, or Tina, maybe Rebecca etc., but after her Uconn career, Paige will be as obviously deserving as the big three.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I don't know, maybe we can wait till she wins one NC first before saying that she will be bored by the lack of competition at the college level.
Still my opinion UNLESS she has not won a NC during her first three years. If not then, yeah, she'll probably stick around for her fourth year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom