Where were you when | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Where were you when

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The P regime still has a very GRobish feel to me. The defense was supposed to be the strong point of the team. Why would you ruin that for the sake of a new system? Good grief.

Anyone ever heard the saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

The only indicator I need on whether this is working or not is the record. This record is piss poor and we didn't face a murderer's row. We've won games against a very bad I-AA team, a very close game against a bad MAC team and a bizarre Edsallesque win against USF.

Reaction Score
i realized after the courant article yesterday whee PP said he is staying with Mac.....we all make mistakes in life, dont be afraid to omit when you are wrong.

Reaction Score
I've been thinking (could be dangerous) about some of the comments here about % blitz vs. fake blitz and dropping back. Haven't looked back at games, but seem to remember thinking on several occassions thought we were going to blitz and we didn't, but the non blitzing players were so out of position that they weren't blitzing but also weren't in coverage or really doing anything but standing there. Seems like blitzs aren't getting pressure on QB enough and fake blitzes are getting players confused as to where to go in coverage and assignments.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
I'd like to say it was the moment he was hired, but I was just doubting him. Over the offseason, I looked at how he was recruiting and such, and that didn't seem too bad. According to the players that I've talked with they were all really looking forward to everything and loved the system, etc. However, I'd like to say also that it was the ISU game, but it's more or less spread out through every single game this season. The calls that are on the field just drive me insane.

Reaction Score
Get better at it. I like that. I've said my piece on blitzing, but I'm never done. The impression that we're blitzing on almost every down to most of the people here tells me that Don Brown's system is working.

I am pretty sure the point of a defensive scheme is to keep points off the scoreboard, not to trick message board posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom