Where Were Our Sleuths? Embarassing Oversight. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where Were Our Sleuths? Embarassing Oversight.

Reaction Score
You seem pretty capable of arguing with yourself. No worries. ;)
Legal Beagles tend to do that. You can't just argue your side of the case. You must act as the Devils advocate to get an inkling of what will be thrown back.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Register finally awoke and gave us an article in greater depth about Geno loosening the reins and Katie's role in it.

Auriemma allowed players to decide offseason workout schedule

"This offseason’s schedule fell squarely on the shoulders of one of the Huskies’ two seniors, Katie Lou Samuelson. Though she was limited in what she could do on the court because of an ankle surgery, Samuelson played an important role during workouts, acting as a leader. It’s a role that Auriemma expects her — and hopefully others — to take into the regular season.

“She’s really taken to it,” Auriemma said. “I see her every day. I see the effects of what happened in the spring. She was involved with them then, during the summer, and into September.”

Players welcomed the change. In fact, senior forward Napheesa Collier — who was away for a few weeks with the U.S. National Team — believes that players ended up training more than they would have under a stricter schedule.
“It was a lot different,” Collier said. “We usually do have a lot of structure, so making it ourselves, I think, really held us accountable.”

Reaction Score
While I agree that Crystal will be a strong leader for this team, I’m not sure that I would agree that Lou has a “lightness” to her game or personality. The whole West Coast layback attitude that Lou was tagged with when she first showed up at Storrs belies the fact that she’s as tough as nails with the ability to play through pain and illness along with a fiery drive to win.
I guess opinions vary. Lou appears to me to be the most vocal player on floor now that Kia has graduated. If you measure intensity by fist pumps, yells, and facial expressions, Lou the clear leader.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Legal Beagles tend to do that. You can't just argue your side of the case. You must act as the Devils advocate to get an inkling of what will be thrown back.

I use to tell people I was a paranoid by profession, so you nailed it.

Reaction Score
I use to tell people I was a paranoid by profession, so you nailed it.
There are certain personality types that can, and often do, argue all sides of an issue/argument. I, like you, am blessed with that character flaw. It to me is better than not being able to see any position other than your own. (another of my flaws--did I mention inconsistent?)

Reaction Score
I would say Lou is definitely the vocal leader on the team. When I think of a true leader it’s someone who is ok with not being liked. I’m not sure who that is on this team but I don’t think we’ve had anyone the last two seasons that has felt comfortable saying, “give me the ball and get out of the way because we’re not losing this game.”

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would say Lou is definitely the vocal leader on the team. When I think of a true leader it’s someone who is ok with not being liked. I’m not sure who that is on this team but I don’t think we’ve had anyone the last two seasons that has felt comfortable saying, “give me the ball and get out of the way because we’re not losing this game.”
By that definition the Huskies haven’t had a true leader since Maya graduated, and yet they still managed to win a bunch of championships playing together as a team.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Is this related to the old expression, "What's that got to do with the price of jelly beans in China?"?
Must be a corollary. My Dad always asked "What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?" whenever someone uttered some inane non sequitur. Maybe you had an old man too! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

This would be my kid. She one you hate playing against, but are glad she's on your team

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
By that definition the Huskies haven’t had a true leader since Maya graduated, and yet they still managed to win a bunch of championships playing together as a team.
I think Stewie fit into the category along with Maya.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think Stewie fit into the category along with Maya.
No doubt Stewie was a team leader who stepped up in big games, but the other characteristic mentioned of “OK with not being liked” just isn’t Stewie. Everybody Stewie ever played with thinks the world of her. Maya, on the other hand, could be as tough on teammates as she was on opponents.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't think there is an true question of who is the leader on the floor. It's Lou. Danger will keep growing in her job and leadership isn't an all or nothing thing. I'll be watching Phee, but it just isn't part of her make up to be vocal IMO. Leading by example... never quite got that one.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
He used them to leave a trail back to his quarters.

The Russian Ambassador for much of Reagan's presidency was Anatoly Dobrynin, and he was fond of helping himself to some jelly beans. I suspect it was for greater access to jelly beans that the Russians decided to tear down The Wall. The role of the jelly bean in international affairs has never been given due recognition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom