Where were At and where were Going | The Boneyard

Where were At and where were Going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
As good as we are we're only going to get better. We have the number 1 team in the country averaging over 85pts pg with 2 underclassmen leading us in scoring. We also have 6 underclassmen out of a roster of 11 which also has 3 seniors and one incoming freshman. How much more can we average? How many more players can average 10+ pts or more? How many AAs will this roster produce? Do we have reason for concern?

My main concern is getting MoJeff Tuck Stewart BB and Stokes alot more playtime. They need to be developed, they need to feel that playing within the UConn system is second nature, and their decision making must become reflexive and they must play with confidence. Because of injuries and sickness we have fallen a little behind that goal. I expect over the next couple of months they will get their playtime. They will because as this team becomes healthly they will score more points which translates into larger leads which translates into more playtime. Their defense will get better too. Both of these happen as the underclassman get more experience. We must understand that the learning process is just that a process that will make worse before they get better. When your learning new things the adjustments you make are one step back and then 2 steps forward. That happens when your learning and when your trying to apply what youve learned in pracitice and applying it on the court. Sometimes you think to much instead of react to situations and sometimes you dont think and fall back to your comfort zone of reacting without thinking.

So how many double diget scorers will UConn have this season. We have 2 now averaging over 9 and a couple more pretty close. As the season continues and the team matures and learns to play together the scoring will continue to rise. You know its hard for me to think that were number 1 in the country and were not 100% healthly. This is amazing. Im reading about other teams who lose games and the excuse is well they were missing this player or that player. You dont hear that about UConn.

Againest top teams like Stanford MD and Penn St UConn is scoring 60+ points and theyre doing that when key players are not 100%. We think of beating teams by 15 as an underaccomplishment and we look at why we didnt beat them by more. Answer injuries and sickness. The future is bright as we watch this team mature, grow and develop. When you look at players like Stef, BB, Kelly, Bria and KML and see where they were and where they are now its pretty amazing. Geno has built a system that through his coaches they make these players great at what they do. IMO we have a bunch of future AAs and KML is one of the top 3 players in WCBB today. Bria Kelly Stef BB and Breanna arent far behind.

The future is unlimited for these players and this team. Its almost like getting better is contagious. The internal competition and sportsmanship is second to none. They all want it. Whats it? It is to be the best at everything. Filling the stat sheet like Kelly is one. Playing defense with intense determination is another. Watching BB and MJ on defense is scary. They are so quick they are so intense. When they get starting positions they are so quick it will be like magic.

I think the most important thing this team has is a smile. Yep a smile. The smiling keeps them relaxed and confident. The determination and confidence when something good happens leads to that smile and no one more then each and every one on the team smiles which is contagious. Smiling relaxes the brain and muscles and as crazy as that sounds watch the replay of the Stanford MD and Penn St games. Look for their smiles.

I hope I see you all at the ND game. Im sure it will be sold out. This game is on CBS 4pm on Saturday and I expect the fans will blow the roof off Gampel as UConn wins this one big.

Happy New Year

GO Huskies

Tonyc
PS say a prayer for our neighbors in Sandy Hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits
Top Bottom