Where was Dawn? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Where was Dawn?

Reaction Score
Here is the scenario. You are the head coach. You are down 6-9 early in the game. Your team proceeds to turn the ball over 4 straight times. Now you're down 15-6. What do you do?

If you are Dawn you do nothing. No calming words. No encouragement. No regrouping. Just a head shake and let them play. She went the entire game without calling a time out.

Late in the 4th quarter, the first team all American for UConn throws a lazy pass that is intercepted. When UConn gets the ball, the head coach calls time out and reprimands the player and team for lazy play.

That is a difference in coaching.
For some reason, Dawn doesn't do that in games with UCON. Every other coach in every other big game, calls a time out when UCONN starts on a " run." Maybe she has figured it out that those timeouts don't change a thing....and they just extend the pain.

Reaction Score
I think if anything, fans can point to the taking the air out of the ball strategy and blame SC for that. It's not like they played that way all season long. It's something they tried in the 1st quarter and it backfired spectacularly.

By the way, after the 1st Q massacre, UCONN only outscored SC by 10 the rest of the game. They played us much closer after SC went back to playing at their normal pace.

This. As bad as the guard play was at times, SC didn't look that terrible the rest of the game. The deficit was too large to make a difference and there was just no catching up. The guards looked even worse because Dangerfield was in a zone I've not seen her in before. UConn just has SC's number and it won't change in the near future.

Reaction Score
This. As bad as the guard play was at times, SC didn't look that terrible the rest of the game. The deficit was too large to make a difference and there was just no catching up. The guards looked even worse because Dangerfield was in a zone I've not seen her in before. UConn just has SC's number and it won't change in the near future.
I’ve not seen Ty Harris look so disoriented. She’s a very good player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom