Where to eat near Storrs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where to eat near Storrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When did Angelino's close? Was it recent? I saw online the address for Storrs Road location in Mansfield had it open today. Weird.

On edit: just saw on Yelp that they have closed. Sad, had a lot of memories there when I was a student. Went there with family that came up before games, after graduation, etc.

Angelino's closed in late October. We were planning on eating there after a UConn women's exhibition game in early November, but noticed on the way up Rte. 195 that the building was empty. We were told later by a couple we know in Willimantic who ate there frequently that the landlord wanted to jack up the rent when their lease came due.

Reaction Score
Speaking of that, I may be pressed for time getting there tomorrow. Is the Student Union food court open tomorrow? May just need to grab a quick bite before the game as opposed to a real sit down meal.

As for the opening poster, there's Geno's in the new Storrs Center, Chuck 'n Auggies in the Student Union. Down 1-95 towards Willimantic there's Angelino's which is Italian, an Applebee's also I believe.
Lol at Chuck n' Auggies. That place is awful if you're not a student.

Reaction Score
UConn990411 said:
Lol at Chuck n' Auggies. That place is awful if you're not a student.
I've actually never eaten there but heard it's not bad for a quick bite before a game which is why I mentioned it.

Reaction Score
When did Angelino's close? Was it recent? I saw online the address for Storrs Road location in Mansfield had it open today. Weird.

On edit: just saw on Yelp that they have closed. Sad, had a lot of memories there when I was a student. Went there with family that came up before games, after graduation, etc.

BIG LOSS!!! Angelino was our favorite restaurant when our kids were at UConn!!!! Big portions, great food, reasonable prices!!!

Reaction Score
I've decided where to eat later....I'm going to go looking for some Mac and cheese with jalapeños!

Reaction Score
My favorite place around UConn was The Depot. So, so, so good. I think it burned down around 15 years ago but that place was fantastic. Willy Brew was a close second and then Angelinos.

Reaction Score
Angeleno's was good but I assumed it closed with Geno's opening. I never gave it any real thought that they'd coexist.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My favorite place around UConn was The Depot. So, so, so good. I think it burned down around 15 years ago but that place was fantastic. Willy Brew was a close second and then Angelinos.

Larry Ross had a truly fantastic restaurant in the Mansfield Depot. My parents had standing Friday night reservations there and we joined them many many nights. What a treasure!

Reaction Score
Bear's Barb-b-que is at the game tonight for the first time at Gampel. Too bad, no beer to wash it down

C

Chief00

Ate at Geno's recently. Food and price were excellent. Had plenty of time to game at 6'30. Great atmosphere---filled with Husky fans:):):):):):)

That's a UConn WBB fans hangout place - no thanks for Chief00!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Chief00 said:
That's a UConn WBB fans hangout place - no thanks for Chief00!

Isn't that the place you said you were going with Andre before we saw him seated at a game in Michigan at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom