Where things stand | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where things stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I talked to my Big 10 contact last week.
  • The trigger for the next round of activity will be Maryland's buyout settlement with the ACC. If the numbers work, expect Georgia Tech and perhaps UNC to move after that. Although, some in NC would prefer the SEC.
  • Of course the above could open the door to UConn to the ACC, however Herbst apparently pissed of ND President when she apparently lectured him at her first Big East Meeting when she should have kept her mouth shut and listened. This is not meant to be a gender comment - just a new person on a job comment.
  • Warde is not a factor one way or another.
  • My feel is BC still doesn't like us nor does Miami, nor does ND, and then you have a bunch of Football rules schools and thanks to Coach P - we don't do well with them. Therefore Cincy might go before us but if NC also left we might get an invitation by default.

Does your contact see anyway we get into the big ten?

Reaction Score
I don't know about this insider info...

1. The majority of insider's state it is UVA +1. This guy states it's GT and UNC?
2. ND shoots down Big10 numerous times, so there is no love lost there, but your Big 10 insiders talk about Herbst pissing off ND (an old Big East Meeting?)?
3. Better yet, your "inside stuff" is predominately not about the Big10, but UConn's position with the ACC and your 4th bullet point is your feeling on things.

Is this really all you have?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
unc and gtech to the b10 very soon was a rumor from a guy in wisconsin who is a unc fan and has connected family.....

as i have said all along, uconn will never see a dime of the new tv contract becuase we will be elsewhere soon enough. i dont know who or when teams are moving but we have a small shot at the b10 but the acc will be most likely be the landing. i still dream every night to uva/unc/gtech/uconn going to the b10 for 18 and them sitting on nd for 19/20 until it happens. thats just me.

Reaction Score
I talked to my Big 10 contact last week.
  • Of course the above could open the door to UConn to the ACC, however Herbst apparently pissed of ND President when she apparently lectured him at her first Big East Meeting when she should have kept her mouth shut and listened. This is not meant to be a gender comment - just a new person on a job comment

#2 sounds familiar?

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/one-catholic-schools-view-of-uconn.7533/#post-88715

Same school or different one.

Reaction Score
Listen if the above happens and the ACC loses three teams then though I have said Cincy is first, then Uconn would have to follow. I just don't see us being left out after the movements... problem is ACC would be torn apart if those three leave since the other three (FLSt., Clemson and Va Tech are gone also)
At the very least what I want is for the old Big East to return (with us in it). So if the casualties reach the levels of FL St, Clemson and VTech leaving, I'll still sleep at night if we can get into the old Big East.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You kids are going to have to learn that Chief has a lot of conversations with the voices in his head.

He doesn't like Herbst and he doesn't like Dyson and if you wait long enough, he'll have imaginary conversations with them, too.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You kids are going to have to learn that Chief has a lot of conversations with the voices in his head.

He doesn't like Herbst and he doesn't like Dyson and if you wait long enough, he'll have imaginary conversations with them, too.

I am very interested in what the bartender by gate G2 had to say last time Chief was connecting through O'Hare. That is as good a "source" as anyone else has.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Sorry, I try to supply accurate information. Cheer up the default possibility is real and could in fact happen.
I was commenting on the message, not the messenger. And my thanks was sincere. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I am actually very hopeful and optimistic about UConn's ultimate position in college sports. I'm much less worried about CR than our own leadership's ability to guide us to the promised land. If they can, and I have guarded optimism regarding this, the CR thing will work itself out. I look to TCU and BSU as examples of what is possible.

Reaction Score
Thats my future ex-wife!

http://www.wendy4.com/
making-soup-55-360x539.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

It does amaze me at the traction he manages to get. Give him credit. He reformed Dyson. And his contacts about Jamal Coombs-McDaniel were spot on! Ok, for the uninitiated, chief touted Jamal Coombs-McDaniel as the next RIP!

Reaction Score
All the conferences are at even numbers, so they will expand by two. Unless Memphis or Temple really start making waves, don't see UConn being left out.

Reaction Score
No way Cincy goes first, no way. Louisville was a tip of the hat to the southern flank up in arms. What is Cincy to the ACC? Smaller campus, midwest program, small stadium with no room for meaningful growth. I'll buy the first round for all if the ACC or BIG invites Cincy first. Everyone needs to take a step back, relax, breathe, and think some of this stuff thru a bit.

Reaction Score

Word on the street is that Dyson knocked up every BCS-level University President's daughter. Herbst pulled a Laurie Fine and slept with all their sons. This combination is apparently why UConn didn't get the ACC, B1G, etc. call.

Reaction Score
It does amaze me at the traction he manages to get. Give him credit. He reformed Dyson. And his contacts about Jamal Coombs-McDaniel were spot on! Ok, for the uninitiated, chief touted Jamal Coombs-McDaniel as the next RIP!
He also guaranteed that nate Miles would be back in a Husky uniform before the end of the 09 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom