Where the is the Official Game Thread? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Where the is the Official Game Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well we basically covered the kenpom numbers didn't we? Or came within a point? When on a huge run, huge lead, barfed it up, had bad luck with refs and fouls, good luck with crazy Gibbs shots... kind of balances itself out. I don't think anyone is going to be sitting on the selection committee in March looking for an 8-point win at Tulane as being a red flag.

Win's a win - next.

caw

Reaction Score
That was interesting. On the plus side, it's a road win and last year that would have likely been a loss.

With 21, 22, 23, 25 all losing this past week hard to imagine UConn doesn't enter somewhere.

OT - as bad as the refs were in this game, Memphis should file a complaint about the refs in their game. Putrid. Absolutely putrid. I believe USC had 60+ foul shots.

Reaction Score
Refs were horrible tonight. Makes you wonder if they were gambling on the game. You can only get this bad as a ref if you actively try on purpose . Ncaa should investigate these piece of refs.

Reaction Score
That was interesting. On the plus side, it's a road win and last year that would have likely been a loss.

With 21, 22, 23, 25 all losing this past week hard to imagine UConn doesn't enter somewhere.

OT - as bad as the refs were in this game, Memphis should file a complaint about the refs in their game. Putrid. Absolutely putrid. I believe USC had 60+ foul shots.

Holy batman. South Carolina took 63 free throw attempts against Memphis? Even Memphis' 36 attempts is high. Over half of the Gamecocks points (46 of 86) were from the charity stripe. That's not basketball. I think a big cocnern is that eventually this will officiating will have everyone complaining and after a season of tick-tack calls, they'll change directions and not call anything in the Tournament and screw everyone up.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Guys, all this hoohah can be easily explained one way: freedom of movement.

caw

Reaction Score
Holy batman. South Carolina took 63 free throw attempts against Memphis? Even Memphis' 36 attempts is high. Over half of the Gamecocks points (46 of 86) were from the charity stripe. That's not basketball. I think a big cocnern is that eventually this will officiating will have everyone complaining and after a season of tick-tack calls, they'll change directions and not call anything in the Tournament and screw everyone up.

So bet on Pitt? JK

Reaction Score
That game was in the 80s genius. UConn-Texas game was terrible to watch offensively. UConn is an AWFUL offensive team, you're challenging that?? Clown
God damn you're such a clown. If UConn is a bad offensive team this year what would you consider last year? Coming into this game we were averaging 81 ppg. When was the last time we have done anything close to that? This team is definitely a work in progress on both ends with all the new pieces we are implementing, but to call them a bad offensive team is ridiculous.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Just gonna leave this here... Woof.

image.png

caw

Reaction Score
In regards to this UConn team and scoring. Currentlt, it has the highest scoring average since 2005-06. It is currently above 80 PPG, a feat matched by only the 05-06 team and the 95-96 team in the past 20 years.

Now, I imagine there are two quick responses to this. Primarily, scoring is up. Let me respond to this by saying UConns opponents average a bit over 64 PPG. That is in line with Ollies first two years (65, and 63 PPG) but behind last years (60 PPG). It's 8th best in the past twenty years. UConn is 12th overall in FG percentage (20th in 2pt FG% and tied for 32nd for 3p%). Now one big issue is TOs. UConn is pretty low on this spot and to add to this many are from the other team stealing the ball.

Aside from TOs, I imagine the second argument would have to do with SOS which is mediocre on average. The only real argument against this is that UConn is beating those weak teams soundly, to the point where the statistics rate this team similarly to 2014, 2011, 2008 and 2005. The first two (and you could probably argue sans Kemba 2011) were a "year away teams" and the stats for those teams are based on full seasons, so there is a decent amount of room for movement. right now though I don't think it's fair to critique the scoring for this team. The ball-handling, maybe.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Dogs need to be ready for Temple on Tuesday...they will be fired up after losing to Houston and unlikely they will shoot that poorly from three again

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Now, I imagine there are two quick responses to this. Primarily, scoring is up. Let me respond to this by saying UConns opponents average a bit over 64 PPG. That is in line with Ollies first two years (65, and 63 PPG) but behind last years (60 PPG). It's 8th best in the past twenty years. UConn is 12th overall in FG percentage (20th in 2pt FG% and tied for 32nd for 3p%). Now one big issue is TOs. UConn is pretty low on this spot and to add to this many are from the other team stealing the ball.

right now though I don't think it's fair to critique the scoring for this team. The ball-handling, maybe.

Thank you. I didn't want to bother looking up the stats earlier when I made this point. And you did a better job than I would have anyway.

On turnovers and ball handling, I'd imagine this has to do with 1) having a bunch of shooting guards and no pure point and 2) having our offense mostly run through a small forward. I'm not sure what is the fix for TOs this season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom