Where is Wolf? | The Boneyard

Where is Wolf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
16 minutes in, and I think he's touched the ball once where he made that jumper.

TO is getting owned by their bigs, they're not trying to run (and they're doing a good job of keeping us from running), and we're getting destroyed on the glass.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
We need to move without the all better when Boat/Bazz/DD make a move. They are sliding really well and their help defense is causing serious trouble. They're forcing our shooters to the base line and they have no way out of it other than to throw up a bad shot.

They're also throwing zone at us. Wolf has a decent Gavin Edwards shot that can break that zone.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
It's actually kind of amazing we only have 6 turnovers like that screen by Wolf just opened up that 3

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Dat move! That can open up some outside shots, hope he looks for them

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
That's how you find the open area!

Also boxed his guy out really well on that and 1

Reaction Score
Agree, he has his weaknesses, but he should see more minutes. I think with a little more experience his game might start to emerge and he might be more consistent defensively and offensively.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Really questioning KO taking him out at this point in the game

Reaction Score
Wolf outplayed TO by a considerable margin. Have no idea why he was sent to the bench

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Wolf is leagues ahead of TO. We were playing great with Napier, Boat, Wolf, Giffey, and Calhoun. Don't know why we took out 2-3 of those players when it came to crunch time.

Reaction Score
I don't know why he doesn't look for that 12-15 footer more often, he looks so smooth out there.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Really missed AO this game. If he was still here and could play 4 like he should always have, there would have been much fewer open drives.

Reaction Score
don't understand the long leash afforded to TO to continously get abused on the boards and on rotations compared to Wolf...that being said, Wolf's give up on an offensive board to Taylor after Giff contested a long jumper to Patterson was back breaking and pretty much was the end of the game right there.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I don't know why he doesn't look for that 12-15 footer more often, he looks so smooth out there.
Well he hasn't had many touches period, let alone ones where he's open 12-15 ft out.

Reaction Score
If you told me after their freshmen years that Wolf would end up as a better player than Olander, I would've called you crazy. But it certainly is heading that way; we might even be at that point right now. Wolf needs to start and see more overall minutes than TO.

I realize we've been saying this for a couple years now, but Wolf really needs to put on some muscle this offseason. He could be a force next year.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Or, you know, use a real counter-argument.

I have a feeling we would have had more than 7 offensive rebounds if he was still around

Reaction Score
If you told me after their freshmen years that Wolf would end up as a better player than Olander, I would've called you crazy. But it certainly is heading that way; we might even be at that point right now. Wolf needs to start and see more overall minutes than TO.

I realize we've been saying this for a couple years now, but Wolf really needs to put on some muscle this offseason. He could be a force next year.
He's not a natural shot blocker or rebounder, hopefully that's coming next year.

Reaction Score
Or, you know, use a real counter-argument.

I have a feeling we would have had more than 7 offensive rebounds if he was still around
But you never had an "argument" in the first place. He's gone and he's not coming back so why constantly think about the "what-ifs"? There's no use in bringing it up every game in which we struggle rebounding, which happens to be just about every game we'll play this year.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Yeah, I was constantly thinking throughout the game IF ONLY WE HAD AO.... I made one post in one thread that was about Wolf. Wasn't trying to turn it in to a conversation.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Yeah, I was constantly thinking throughout the game IF ONLY WE HAD AO.... I made one post in one thread that was about Wolf. Wasn't trying to turn it in to a conversation.
You, sir, are a sick individual. AO was and still is a team cancer

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I'm a "sick individual" because I said that I think AO would have helped us win this one game...?

Seriously some of you people here are the biggest exaggerators. Look at yourself making one post a huge deal

Reaction Score
we could very well be undefeated with a motivated AO. it is what it is. in a year with no postseason, better not to spend much time worrying about it

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Okay I really don't want this thread to turn in to an AO discussion. I now realize that that is impossible if you decide to put the letters A and O together.

go ahead and lock it if you please, mods

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Agree, he has his weaknesses, but he should see more minutes. I think with a little more experience his game might start to emerge and he might be more consistent defensively and offensively.
His ability to hit the 15 footer could be turned into quite the weapon on offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom