Where is the Prognosticators Game Predictions for the OSU Game | The Boneyard

Where is the Prognosticators Game Predictions for the OSU Game

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Have I missed something or is there no "Prognosticators Game Predictions" this year.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'll go 91-54. The good guys.

meyers7 I was asking where the thread is like last year, not for your prediction. Husky fanatic ran the game last year, but I don't see a post from him for a long time. Just wondering if he is going to do it this year, or God forbid he isn't able too.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The game should be about 120-40 but realistically, I think Geno plays the reserves a lot, and we've seen how scoring challenged they were losing the 4th quarter to a Division 2 team.

UCONN 88
tOSU 42

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Based on the way USF handled them, and because I think RIGHT NOW, the Huskies are a better team across the board than USF, I'm going to predict an 18 point win. Assuming the reserves will once again come in and give up more points than they score. This is a two part prediction. The first part, I hope I hit the bullseye.

The second part, I hope I'm dead wrong, and the reserves come in and not only make a series of stops by playing good hard nose UConn type "in your face" defense, but also increase the lead.

The Buckeyes were held to 47 pts by USF and 55 by Detroit Mercy. I'd like for the Huskies to hold them under 55 points. I'd like to think UConn is at least as good as Detroit Mercy. :rolleyes:

I'll be looking at several things in this game. Particularly the play of ONO, Coombs, Irwin and Camara (the first players off the bench in no particular order), as well as Bent and Gordon.

Based on what I saw against Vanguard, and the reports we've been getting from various sources, I'm not concerned about Walker or Williams. They've been promoted to starters, and they'll remain starters the remainder of their stay at UConn (similar to Collier, Dangerfield, Williams and Nurse).

I want to see if Irwin is the 6th man again tomorrow, and then who follows her. It’s a rotation we may see the next few games. I also want to see how well the starting unit plays together (ball movement, assists and defensive rotations).

I want to see if everyone is where they are supposed to be on both ends of the court, or if a player is continuously out of position (failure to slide over to help or switch), thereby allowing an easy or uncontested basket.

I'd really like to see Bent and Gordon take advantage of whatever minutes they get these next 3 games, to show some individual growth, development and improvement. To show their ability to be aggressive and productive on both ends of the court. UConn plays 3 games in the next 7 days. :)

I'll record the game because I will watch it again at least once, maybe twice. I like to watch games again because (once is never enough) often, I will see things the second time, I missed watching it live. :cool: Go Huskies.

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
98-44. This entire Ohio team is one big McGuffin.

Reaction Score
157 37 CW and MW combine for 43, Coomb 14 pts, 14 assists. Gordon 3--3's, 3 blocks, 2 defensive stops. Bent--9pts, 4 assists, 3 rbs, Napheesa, KLS, Danger too many to count.
Irwin--13 rbs, 10 pts, Touly 17 rbs, 18 points. --
It would appear MASSEY HAS MORE INTELLIGENT ANALYSTS

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Double them up, 94-47.

UConn at least as good defensively than USF and a whole lot better on offense, IMHO. :p

Reaction Score
as was my tradition last year, I don't really care about the margin of victory.............I just hope the team plays well and remains injury free..............the fewer minutes on the court for the starters the better..........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the score will be very ugly early, but could moderate by the end of the game. OSU appears to be scoring challenged. UConn by 95-45.

Reaction Score
I think the score will be very ugly early, but could moderate by the end of the game. OSU appears to be scoring challenged. UConn by 95-45.
I feel sorry for Ohio State. With 5 new starters, they seem challenged in most of the facets of the game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Having seen USF in person Friday night, OSU is in big trouble.

I believe Geno will play the bench a lot so 81 42 UConn.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Kevin McGuff has done a lot less with a lot more talent than he has on this team. This game will be ugly early with the final score depending on how long Geno keeps his starters in before clearing his bench.

UConn wins 95 - 52

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom