Where is Paige from? | The Boneyard

Where is Paige from?

Reaction Score
During yesterday's ESPN coverage, they did a story where they stated Paige was from , Hopkins, MN.
This is not exactly true. Having lived in Minnesota for five years, where you are "from' can be be more subjective than lets say, if you are from West Hartford.
Why? Because what town you live or grow up in, does not determine where you go to school. They have large school districts that can cover multi towns.
Paige's home is in St. Louis Park, MN, a first ring suburb , just west on Minneapolis. Her section of town is in school district #270. That district has western St. Louis Park, parts of Edina, Eden Prairie, Hopkins, Golden Valley, Plymouth, etc.
Paige went to Hopkins HS which is located in Minnetonka, MN . ( not even in Hopkins).
The subjective part is , when your children are going to school there, you relate to where you go to school more than where your house is. Most of your activities are school related, so the community you are involved in, answers the Q, " where you are "from".
In Paige's case, she would have played against St Louis park, Minnetonka, Eden Prairie, etc, so how could she be from there?
Hopkins, for her, is the best answer.
And yes, I have too much time on my hands.....lol

Reaction Score
No one names their school district as their hometown. That's like asking where are you from to a kid in Connecticut. They would never say regional school 12 instead of one of the towns they actually live in served by that school district.

Reaction Score
No one names their school district as their hometown. That's like asking where are you from to a kid in Connecticut. They would never say regional school 12 instead of one of the towns they actually live in served by that school district.
You missed the entire point of the post, in Minnesota , you do.

Reaction Score
I don't think my youngest daughter will ever say she's from Waterbury, although that is where the hospital is located. Similarly Bon Jovi was born in Perth Amboy, but Sayerville is recognized as his home town.

Reaction Score
You can introduce a player from where she live, or which high school she is from. Both will be OK ....

Reaction Score
UConn has made this easy by listing both the player's hometown and the player's high school on the official roster. In many cases, they are different. In Paige's case, both are Hopkins.

Reaction Score
During yesterday's ESPN coverage, they did a story where they stated Paige was from , Hopkins, MN.
This is not exactly true. Having lived in Minnesota for five years, where you are "from' can be be more subjective than lets say, if you are from West Hartford.
Why? Because what town you live or grow up in, does not determine where you go to school. They have large school districts that can cover multi towns.
Paige's home is in St. Louis Park, MN, a first ring suburb , just west on Minneapolis. Her section of town is in school district #270. That district has western St. Louis Park, parts of Edina, Eden Prairie, Hopkins, Golden Valley, Plymouth, etc.
Paige went to Hopkins HS which is located in Minnetonka, MN . ( not even in Hopkins).
The subjective part is , when your children are going to school there, you relate to where you go to school more than where your house is. Most of your activities are school related, so the community you are involved in, answers the Q, " where you are "from".
In Paige's case, she would have played against St Louis park, Minnetonka, Eden Prairie, etc, so how could she be from there?
Have you considered Krypton? Sister of Kal-El, raised in Kansas down the block from Dorothy (they were tight as kids).

Reaction Score
Maybe, but clear, concise information that is fun to know.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I think she lives in Maryland now, just to further muddy the already turbid waters. :confused:

Reaction Score
You retired? That's well over 2 cents worth. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom