Where is Mazzonne? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where is Mazzonne?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
That seems to be entirely due to the absence of Mazzone and his brand of offense. If he left on his own that's one thing, but if we let him go, what a huge blunder.
Since Mazzone can't actually coach on game day, I'm blaming the UMass offensive debacle on Giuffre being away and QB coach Moysenko trying to be the substitute OC. That can't be an easy thing to prepare for in 2 days.
It's anyone's guess what happened Saturday.

Reaction Score
Mazzone's original contract was for one week...to be revisited. I find no mention of how this "revisiting" worked out...to remain through season I would think.

CT Insider Sept. 15

Mazzone is under contract for one week, with a $2,500 stipend. His deal expires Sept. 21, at which point UConn can revisit his status. If Mazzone were made a “countable” member of the coaching staff, perhaps offensive coordinator, UConn would have to remove a coach from the staff.

And then...on September 27...all coaches receive notice that they are not being retained. So I assume no coaching changes will be made.

As folks have posted, Mazzone's game day activities, as an analyst, are limited.

Reaction Score
Could he have Covid issues? Didn't see that mentioned, maybe missed it.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Mazzone's original contract was for one week...to be revisited. I find no mention of how this "revisiting" worked out...to remain through season I would think.

CT Insider Sept. 15

Mazzone is under contract for one week, with a $2,500 stipend. His deal expires Sept. 21, at which point UConn can revisit his status. If Mazzone were made a “countable” member of the coaching staff, perhaps offensive coordinator, UConn would have to remove a coach from the staff.

And then...on September 27...all coaches receive notice that they are not being retained. So I assume no coaching changes will be made.

As folks have posted, Mazzone's game day activities, as an analyst, are limited.
Yup. We knew this, but word had it a few weeks back that he was still an OA. He was on the sidelines at Wyoming, but missing from every shot I scrutinized at Vandy. Same with UMass.

Reaction Score

CT Insider Sept. 15

When he was on the sidelines I only saw him talking to coaches. I didn't see him talking to players. I think that was their way around it.

Reaction Score
It’s surprising there isn’t a simple straight forward piece of info on this. It’s so symptomatic of the CYA cluster in effect.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1634061505562.png

Reaction Score
Does anyone know which weeks Mazzone was actually with us? I was trying to find the tweet where either Anthony or Amore confirmed he was still with us but cant find it... I think it was for Army, Wyoming and Vandy games?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know which weeks Mazzone was actually with us? I was trying to find the tweet where either Anthony or Amore confirmed he was still with us but cant find it... I think it was for Army, Wyoming and Vandy games?
Think it was Army and Wyoming. I couldn't fi d him on the sidelines replaying the Vanda game twice

Reaction Score
This is kinda becoming a “where Waldo” discussion
He was in Germany Coaching the European League Football All Star game the last bit of September and first of October. His one week contract appears to have been just that if essentially one week after he was hired he left for a few weeks to Europe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom