Where have you gone Mr. Roscoe | The Boneyard

Where have you gone Mr. Roscoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have to say I am befuddled by the regression on Scoe . Lots of posting about AO's start to the year but what the heck has happened to Roscoe. His contributions last year were immeasurable , Playing within himself, getting rebounds and scoring on dunks. Just think most players improve every year not go backwards. I'm sure coaching staff is working hard with him just hasn't shown up in the games. I really like the guy and want so much for him to succeed.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Posters on this board baffle me. Roscoe is battling for playing time on a roster that has 4-5 future NBA players and 9 very good college players. I will let you in on a little secret...there are only 200 minutes to go around. This is the deepest roster Calhoun has ever had, and there are necessarily going to be some losers in the battle for minutes. It doesn't mean Roscoe or Oriakhi or Giffey suck just because they aren't playing 35 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
I thought Roscoe played alright when he was in there. Solid defense for the most part, lost his guy on the alley-oop, aggressively took the ball t the hole (and scored), battled for rebounds. He looked good.

Reaction Score
You baffle me nelson. I get it just like you as to most of us. Just thinking out loud as I was reading the board. I know this has been discussed before thought maybe there might be a little more insight or opinion's. Yeh !! I know the freaking minutes, what are you some genius. Don't like your condesending attidude nelson.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought Roscoe played alright when he was in there. Solid defense for the most part, lost his guy on the alley-oop, aggressively took the ball t the hole (and scored), battled for rebounds. He looked good.

I agree. He had his best game to date, IMO.

Reaction Score
I thought Scoe had a pretty good game.

I don't think it was his man on the alley-oop. I think it was AD but Scoe should have helped on the backdoor screen. Anyways, I really like the take he had from the baseline. He missed the three to start the game but shot it in rhythm and it had a nice arc and touch to it. Played great defense and pulled down a few nice boards when it was just him and TO manning the paint.

I think he will benefit from a little better ball movement by our offense. There were a few times that he had his man posted up when he should have gotten the ball. There were a few times last year and once this year where he got the ball on the post, faced up, gave a jab step, elevated and nailed a jumper from like 12 feet out on the wing. I kinda like getting him the ball there once or twice a game.

Reaction Score
Roscoe will get more playing time when the season gets in full swing. Calhoun will use him for his defense and rebounding in tough big east games.

I think we have to look at the small positives for all of the as yet mystery men (SN, JL, RB, TO excluded):

AO- Didn't look so great early, but he was fabulous at the end and it reminded me of his play in the tourney last year.
RS- Didn't seem as lost as in previous games; no really bad passes; had a nice drive for a bucket
AD- Maybe he shouldn't be on this list, but just to note; he was dunking like phi slamma jamma last night; although awkward, he did make a hook shot; even though his footwork didn't look so great, the Harvard center was rendered completely sterile.
DD- Didn't really play much, but at least had a nice 3pter- he makes one of those against UCF and uconn may have won that game.

Reaction Score
Roscoe's problem, through no fault of his own, is he doesn't have a role on offense. He's clearly not a ball-handler, but he's not a post-up guy either. I think his ideal role is what TO has been doing, receiving passes in the high post and shooting or distributing. I don't know if that was ever Roscoe's game in HS, but that's about the only way he's going to fit in on this team.

Reaction Score
Roscoe will be a great player for us. Keep in mind, with the depth of young talent on this team it is easy to forget that Roscoe is only a sophomore. He has plenty of time to add to his game and be a starter that puts up big numbers. It can be hard to remember that while AD and DD will be long gone in 2 years, Roscoe and Tyler will be seniors with very good size and skills. It is a true luxury to have 1 or 2 and done talent to go along with very talented 4 year types. I believe there is a strong possiblility that both Roscoe and TO will be NBA players down the road. We are stacked!!!

Reaction Score
Sometimes we forget he is only 9 games into his soph. year. Lots of good points .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom