Where does this take us???? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Where does this take us????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FWIW, playing our women is also better gauranteed press than anyone would get anywhere else.
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, who gives a duck.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, who gives a duck.
I'm a nobody who wouldn't mind being in those woods with some of those gals to find out!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The New Mexico Bowl on cable got a 30% higher rating than Indiana/Butler on CBS.

The only thing that matters is football. Women's basketball is about as relevant to conference realignment as the The Dude and mhver are.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The New Mexico Bowl on cable got a 30% higher rating than Indiana/Butler on CBS.

The only thing that matters is football. Women's basketball is about as relevant to conference realignment as the The Dude and mhver are.
That isn't really an appropriate comparison. Butler did not have a good record going into that game. Also I would like to know what other college bb games were going on at that time vs. games that the New Mexico Bowl competed against.

Everything matters! The UConn women's team is getting 1.7 million for broadcasting rights. That's not chump change. Lots of football programs would love to be receiving this. No reason to put one program down to elevate another. It's UConn sports and the whole pie will be valued. If a regional broadcaster sees the value that value would be there for the ACC or B!G to consider.

Reaction Score
when the dust settles and if uconn's best option is to align itself with the likes of tulane, smu, ecu, etc...............i think its fair to say the future will be bleak. to answer the question of where does this take us? my guess is a pretty kickass espn 30 for 30 on the amazing 20 year run of uconn atheletics only to come to a crashing halt.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That isn't really an appropriate comparison. Butler did not have a good record going into that game. Also I would like to know what other college bb games were going on at that time vs. games that the New Mexico Bowl competed against.

Everything matters! The UConn women's team is getting 1.7 million for broadcasting rights. That's not chump change. Lots of football programs would love to be receiving this. No reason to put one program down to elevate another. It's UConn sports and the whole pie will be valued. If a regional broadcaster sees the value that value would be there for the ACC or B!G to consider.

Butler was 7-2.

I'm not putting it down it just means nothing in realignment. If any league valued the women's program has highly as some seem to think they might we wouldn't be having this discussion. Nobody values that part of the pie. They barely value men's basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom