Where do we go from here | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where do we go from here

Reaction Score
What you're missing is just looking at points scored and not taking into context the number of minutes played and possessions. Auburn was still our best offensive game (not counting the cupcake games) with an ORTG of 117.3. But St Bonaventure was still well above average at 107.2

In reality it's a really small sample this year, but against major competition with both there's been 1 good (see above) and 1 bad (VCU and WVU) offensive game. But I think it's obvious to anyone watching the offense has flowed significantly better with only 1 on the floor. You can look at the team/player specific stats here, unsurprisingly you see a bigger jump for Whaley since he's moving from the 4 to his more natural position at the 5

Sanogo w/o Whaley

Whaley w/o Sanogo
I don’t if I’m reading it wrong but I see the net rating going down for Whaley when you take out Sanogo

Reaction Score
I wonder if Hurley will platoon them more, not a full platoon but less minutes with them both on the floor together and Whaley getting more/most of his minutes at the 5. Hurley seems pretty set on his lineup but it also seems pretty clear they're both most effective as college 5's and Akok needs more minutes when we are fully healthy.
I hope so.

But what do you do in crunch time? I have hoped he would do more offensive/defensive subs but he has not so far.

Who do you have in the last 4 minutes?

Other option is they continue to learn to play better together.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I hope so.

But what do you do in crunch time? I have hoped he would do more offensive/defensive subs but he has not so far.

Who do you have in the last 4 minutes?

Other option is they continue to learn to play better together.
Usually the best ballhandlers and free throw shooters if you are ahead. In Polley's case it's free throw
shooting. Experience in close outs is important so often it's upperclassmen. if you are behind it's stops.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom