Where did AO go? | The Boneyard

Where did AO go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wasn't able to get espn3 working today so i couldn't watch the game, but looking at the stats it seems like AO was a no show again. He looked much better in the last game (still underperformed in my mind), but still has yet to have that breakout game. Did he look OK on defense today? Seemed like the guards and wings picked up a lot of rebounds today presumably because coppin jacked up like 74 3's, but still only 3 rebounds for AO...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not worried that he'll get it together at some point and be the AO in the Texas game last year, but I'd like to see it sooner than later (and then continue it through March :))

Reaction Score
On another note: Awesome to see Roscoe have that breakout game we've all been expecting! He is a warrior out there and I love it when he gets involved. Here's hoping AO gets his turn at Atlantis! Until then we will all continue to be frustrated (in a good way)

Reaction Score
I've watched all the games this year so far and AO has been struggling to get position. Also it could be that the guards aren't feeding him the rock. When he actually does get the ball he goes up so soft. The shot is so ugly. Most of the time, I don't even wanna see us give him the ball. Sometimes Drummonds moves are better then AO.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I only care that AO scores so to establish an inside presence. His point total I really don't care about.

Seems to me that when he plays "tough" he checks out his man and grabs rebounds, but other games it seems like he is willing to just jump for the rebounds (noticed the same for AD this year so far). They'll be fine though as shown last year, when it counts big, AO is a gamer!

Reaction Score
He's only a gamer since there was never ever any depth at PF or C when he's on our roster. Now there is an improved TO and a fresh that is suppose to be the next big thing. We can get away with benching him if he stinks. We never could do that before.

Reaction Score
He tries to finesse his shot but lacks the touch. It looks weird I'm hardly qualified to critique it but it doesn't look right for a big man.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I would not make any definitive decisions on big men based on a 3 ball game like today. Coppin State was hitting the 3 early so JC wanted to defensively go to a quicker line-up so he could extent his defense. Playing Pitt will be very different. Against Pitt you will see more Alex and AD playing together, fouls willing.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I would not make any definitive decisions on big men based on a 3 ball game like today. Coppin State was hitting the 3 early so JC wanted to densively go to a quicker line-up so he could extent his defense. Playing Pitt will be very different. Against Pitt you will see more Alex and AD playing together, fouls willing.
I agree.

On the offensive end Coppin State was doubling AO and AD and daring the guards and wings to score. And UConn responded. That's the beauty of this team. It has a lot of options. It gets more options if RB is half as good as we suspect.

Reaction Score
When the other teams are in a zone and AO gets it down low it's an immediate collapse onto him. Once the post opens up a little more he'll get his.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I would not make any definitive decisions on big men based on a 3 ball game like today. Coppin State was hitting the 3 early so JC wanted to defensively go to a quicker line-up so he could extent his defense. Playing Pitt will be very different. Against Pitt you will see more Alex and AD playing together, fouls willing.
+1

Reaction Score
I see TO taking minutes from AO as the schedule toughens because he is that "gamer" type that does all the little things and is contributing more on the score sheet as well.

You watch the games and the rotations and realize there are just not enough minutes to go around and I think the continued improvement of TO and the development, which you can only expect, of Drummond and I think AO sees more pine time.

Unless, AO plays with the chip on his shoulder that we see every now and then.

Reaction Score
That's because Olander is getting all the rebounds :p

Reaction Score
T.O. has been a wonderful surprise. He has worked on his body and game and it shows. AO, AD,and RS along with DD will be getting together as the season rolls on. It's not so important who is standing tall in Nov and Dec as who is cutting down the nets at the NC game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom