Where are we on the recruiting trail.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where are we on the recruiting trail....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree. I'm still not sure letting Miller go was a great idea, it cost us MAL and may have factored into some of the other transfers(Vance's dad mentioned GM in one of his tweets). KO has pretty much staked his future on Chillious and his recruiting ability. The thing is we need talent in here fast or this may turn into a 2 year rebuilding project. If we should miss out on the tourney for another year or 2, then the rumors about KO's job will begin to start making recruiting even harder and things could snowball. I'm 100% behind KO, but I worry.
Don't believe for a moment that letting go of Miller cost us MAL or was a force behind Vance Jackson bailing. But I do agree we need talent in here stat. Problem is, it's slim pickens, and anyone decent has all of the better programs circling like vultures. Yeah, Chill needs to pull a miracle right now, and if he doesn't, we have to pray Rique and Larrier come out of the gates without injury limitations and then some. We would be thin, but them playing with pre-injury potential might be what little hope we cling to for next year. Then we pray for a big haul in 2018, and the rebuild begins.

Reaction Score
I'll be shocked if Brown every plays a D-1 basketball game..

My own personal crystal ball has us getting Diarra, a grad transfer PG or C, and then picking up a late commit PG or C

Reaction Score
Nervous as hell Ollie has no plan to fill this roster or his plan is a pipedream. He's really backed himself into a corner.

If he let all these defections and de-commits happen without a solid plan on how to rectify the situation, and if our 2018 recruiting doesn't start showing promise (should be getting some high-ranked commits by the fall), I'd be OK letting him go as early as next March, maybe even a midseason announcement if the season is effectively over by January.

Reaction Score
If he let all these defections and de-commits happen without a solid plan on how to rectify the situation, and if our 2018 recruiting doesn't start showing promise (should be getting some high-ranked commits by the fall), I'd be OK letting him go as early as next March, maybe even a midseason announcement if the season is effectively over by January.
I think this is fair. I think he deserved the opportunity to show what he can do with a full roster but now that 4 of us his guys have bailed, that goes out the window. With Chillious coming on, and Oz saying players were asked to leave, it's scary that there doesn't appear to be one solid commit on the horizon. This is a giant nightmare that keeps getting worse.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Don't believe for a moment that letting go of Miller cost us MAL or was a force behind Vance Jackson bailing. But I do agree we need talent in here stat. Problem is, it's slim pickens, and anyone decent has all of the better programs circling like vultures. Yeah, Chill needs to pull a miracle right now, and if he doesn't, we have to pray Rique and Larrier come out of the gates without injury limitations and then some. We would be thin, but them playing with pre-injury potential might be what little hope we cling to for next year. Then we pray for a big haul in 2018, and the rebuild begins.
I agree with most of your post but why do you conclude that the firing of Miller had no impact?
For all we know there might have been a tension for part if not all of the season between Miller and KO and that tension not only impacted MAL but the other recruits at PSA if Miller was a major person involved in recruiting them.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I'm sure most of us plan for the unknown.

Reaction Score
I agree with most of your post but why do you conclude that the firing of Miller had no impact?
For all we know there might have been a tension for part if not all of the season between Miller and KO and that tension not only impacted MAL but the other recruits at PSA if Miller was a major person involved in recruiting them.
I wouldn't say "no impact" but I think citing Miller by players or their parents, we're more of a way to provide cover. We'll never know the real reason, but when that many people bail at once you have to wonder. I think ranking that driving force, I would cite a losing season at the top. Followed by a failure to see eye to eye between coach Ollie and the others. Now, I would love to know the specifics concerning the communication breakdown between Ollie and the players, but I don't think we'll ever know that exactly. I think it's convenient for them to say they wanted more playing time, or wanted to be the focus of the offense or whatever but I really think the losing season, and some serious communication breakdown between the coach and players contributed mostly. The only thing I feel confident saying is Miller was not the driving force (or even an influential force) of the departure of any of them.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom