Where are the WRs | The Boneyard

Where are the WRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I did NOT see the game Sat. night, and am basing this on prior games and articles about UB game, but ............. where are the WRs? I recognize we were hit hard by the loss of depth, but if it is true that teams have so little concern for our passing game they are throwing 9 and 10 in the box, then that suggests they have no fear of our passing game - WR and QB. We need the Moore's and the 2 RSF to step up (yes, IM had a very good game vs. ISU), but a team that throws 9 in the box is basically saying I have no fear of your WRs.

Do we spread out more, including spreading Griffin out, to take advantage or force them to move men out of the box? If you're running 2 TE and FB sets, then you better have WRs that earn the respect the opposing DC. It is time for the WRs to step up and force DCs to second guess what appears to be the current strategy - that is, any CB in the country can cover our guys 1:1, so let's put all of our mables in to the box.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If a WR is open but the QB is incapable of accurately throwing the ball to him, is he truly open. What would Hume say?

Reaction Score
Of all the problems we had on Saturday, I wouldn't list the play of the WR's as one of them.

Reaction Score
The WR play the past 2 games has been solid. Crisp routes, no egregious drops, and even some YAC. Decent blocking on running plays. Part of the issue is the QB accuracy, which goes back to experience and protection, but the other part of it is schemes and personnel. While they're all okay, there's no real burner and the only big target is Davis, who sees limited time. I'd like to see more 3 WR sets and split TEs to help overcome our speed and size limitations.

Reaction Score
The WR play the past 2 games has been solid. Crisp routes, no egregious drops, and even some YAC. Decent blocking on running plays. Part of the issue is the QB accuracy, which goes back to experience and protection, but the other part of it is schemes and personnel. While they're all okay, there's no real burner and the only big target is Davis, who sees limited time. I'd like to see more 3 WR sets and split TEs to help overcome our speed and size limitations.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger