Where are the O-linemen? | The Boneyard

Where are the O-linemen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just glanced over the list of commits for the next cycle and to my dismay not one O-lineman. Looked at the ESPN site for football recruiting, only 2 are even listed as considering UConn and one of them(Burrel Jr) has offers from and has made visits to Ohio St, Penn St, Fla St and Florida so chances of him to UConn? Nada. The other(Jared Southers), a Jersey kid, Has offers from BC, Temple, Rutgers, UMass, ect. and looks to this point as the only outside shot to sign one.
I know there are 16 O-linemen on the roster now. Two leave after this year. Who knows if a half dozen others are ever gonna pan out. After next year another 3 will graduate. Picking up a good punter/kicker is great but I'd sure like to see the Huskies at least cover their losses with a couple(4 would be nice, 2 under the radar gems would be sweet) O-linemen to replace the seniors.
Anybody know whats going on with Brendan Vechery? Looks like he's got the size....just not ready for prime time yet?

Reaction Score
17 if you include Hashemi and Dan Clifford is another possibility as a recruit for 2015.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Just glanced over the list of commits for the next cycle and to my dismay not one O-lineman. Looked at the ESPN site for football recruiting, only 2 are even listed as considering UConn and one of them(Burrel Jr) has offers from and has made visits to Ohio St, Penn St, Fla St and Florida so chances of him to UConn? Nada. The other(Jared Southers), a Jersey kid, Has offers from BC, Temple, Rutgers, UMass, ect. and looks to this point as the only outside shot to sign one.
I know there are 16 O-linemen on the roster now. Two leave after this year. Who knows if a half dozen others are ever gonna pan out. After next year another 3 will graduate. Picking up a good punter/kicker is great but I'd sure like to see the Huskies at least cover their losses with a couple(4 would be nice, 2 under the radar gems would be sweet) O-linemen to replace the seniors.
Anybody know whats going on with Brendan Vechery? Looks like he's got the size....just not ready for prime time yet?

Check the recruiting thread.

Reaction Score
My advice, and to each their own, stop following recruiting. It's the biggest bunch of nonsense I've seen. I'll start to follow kids once they put on the uniform. Recruiting is a dirty business and is really like a sport of it's own.

The whole thing with grown men tweeting this kids is just flat creepy.

Reaction Score
My advice, and to each their own, stop following recruiting. It's the biggest bunch of nonsense I've seen. I'll start to follow kids once they put on the uniform. Recruiting is a dirty business and is really like a sport of it's own.

The whole thing with grown men tweeting these kids is just flat creepy.

Reaction Score

The whole thing with grown men tweeting these kids is just flat creepy.
Yeah, it's the one part of the "big time" I have no stomach for, the tweeting recruits part. My twitter account is noeynox2, because my original noeynox twitter account, I made the mistake of following a bunch of players. To put it nicely, I didn't really getting tweets about players dropping a deuce. I enjoy recruiting and reading their thoughts on school and the program, but I refuse to engage players and recruits on twitter. I'll be 39 in January, I can't be sweating some 17 year old's nutsack.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
Yeah, it's the one part of the "big time" I have no stomach for, the tweeting recruits part. My twitter account is noeynox2, because my original noeynox twitter account, I made the mistake of following a bunch of players. To put it nicely, I didn't really getting tweets about players dropping a deuce. I enjoy recruiting and reading their thoughts on school and the program, but I refuse to engage players and recruits on twitter. I'll be 39 in January, I can't be sweating some 17 year old's nutsack.

#noeynox #onthetaint lol

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I obsessively checked the Boneyard for Jarrell Miller news. That was the beginning and end of my following of recruiting. I learn their names when they sign.

Reaction Score
... what the BY needs is a board dedicated to recruiting- can one of the mods get on that?

Reaction Score
I have a feeling a couple of TE or D Line recruits will end up on the line. The staff has recruited great athletes with size to fill in.

Reaction Score
Diaco recruited at least three offensive line recruits last January. Way too early to worry it.
On the boneyard it is NEVER to early to worry. :rolleyes:

Mr. Mets, have to agree with you. Given Diaco and the staff's ability in the recruiting area, and track record (hired in December and had limited time and still pulled in 16
recruits plus his knowledge of kids from his prior stint at ND, plus the current staff's ability), way too early too prognosticate. Understandably, given the current
situational RESULTS on a week to week basis, cause for concern, but all good things come with time. But, it's a long time between now and N.S.Day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom