Where are the Duke fans? | The Boneyard

Where are the Duke fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I haven't seen a post by a Duke fan since the game started. I'd like to hear their comments, especially re McCallie's post game presser.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ah let them be for a day or two, they had a rough night. I almost feel bad for them....almost.

Reaction Score
It's a half & half night, The men's team won big at Duke & the women lost big playing UConn !

Reaction Score
Asking them how they feel about their coach's post-game presser is giving them a hard time? OK.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Where are the Duke posters? Licking their wounds...

I like our Duke friends a lot. I root for the Duke women. They played a really solid first half, but Geno was able to make adjustments.

dog_licking_paws11.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Asking them how they feel about their coach's post-game presser is giving them a hard time? OK.
It's the intent.

Reaction Score
It's the intent.
Well, perhaps I should have spelled out the intent for you. What...did...the...Duke...fans...think...of...Coach...McCallie's...press...conference?

Is this a typical Duke post-game presser or is it unique to UConn games? Does Coach ever take responsibility for not having her players prepared tactically? Does Coach ever take responsibility for the team's perceived lack of conditioning? or the lack of hustle? Does Coach always bring players to the presser when she disparages the team or does she sometimes mercifully let them off?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
It was a typical press conference after a loss. What do you want us to say...that it is embarrassing? It is. She threw the players under the bus, even more than usual. And no, she does not take responsibility.

I did get one laugh out of it...she mentioned a "lesson" learned.

But it was disgraceful. I am disgusted with her press conferences.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
It was a typical press conference after a loss. What do you want us to say...that it is embarrassing? It is. She threw the players under the bus, even more than usual. And no, she does not take responsibility.

Cam..you are so right...she is always learning..here are her quotes from 2007-2013....posted earlier by still relevant...:)

I edited the quotes to the following:

"So it’s a very good learning experience for us as a team."
"Without question it’s great for us to learn "
"There are some great lessons for us to learn from."
"And I think, hopefully, we're going to learn a valuable lesson when we watch on film..."
"It's a great lesson for us. We need to learn."
"we've got to learn from that."
"I do think it's a learning process with young players and new circumstances."
"Just lessons for us, lessons that we'll take and learn from."
"A little film in the morning always brightens your day and allows us to learn what we need to learn and we'll move forward."

Reminds me of my son, entering his 5th, now 6th year of college...always tells me how much he is learning..:cool:. Key question in both cases...When is graduation?:rolleyes:

P.S. - The Duke fans on this board are all great..!

Reaction Score
Cam..you are so right...she is always learning..here are her quotes from 2007-2013....posted earlier by still relevant...:)

I find that better than hearing "the players didn't compete," which was a frequent response elsewhere down south.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Triad is probably hung over on Cheerwine and Krispy Kremes.

Bud, you and your fellow Dukies have our sympathies. The game was one thing, the press conference added insult to injury.

Reaction Score

Thanks, CamCrz. It was tough watching the players at the presser. I just wondered it that's the norm. Sad.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
How are they taking all this over on the Devil's Den, Cam?

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I hope the Duke AD takes note of the Presser...

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
How are they taking all this over on the Devil's Den, Cam?

Our usual posts after a McCallie loss to UConn...tired of not competing, tired of top recruits coming to Duke for 30 point losses, tired of the players being thrown under the bus, tired of a coach who doesn't take responsibility. We are all tired of Groundhog Day and the same excuses, with no accountability at the top.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Our usual posts after a McCallie loss to UConn...tired of not competing, tired of top recruits coming to Duke for 30 point losses, tired of the players being thrown under the bus, tired of a coach who doesn't take responsibility. We are all tired of Groundhog Day and the same excuses, with no accountability at the top.
It really is Groundhog Day. :(

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Any credible rumors of a possible change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom