Where are the briefs? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where are the briefs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Again, I really do appreciate all the interest and loyalty toward the Briefs. Sometimes in business you stop a report to see if anyone reads it and would complain. In this case, inadvertently due to recruiting, we found overwhelming interest. This is all very humbling and Chief will get back into the saddle next game.

Sorry to hear you were out of pocket today but quite frankly the recruiting grind takes presidence. I’m sure you and Danny will review the tape anyway.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Again, I really do appreciate all the interest and loyalty toward the Briefs. Sometimes in business you stop a report to see if anyone reads it and would complain. In this case, inadvertently due to recruiting, we found overwhelming interest. This is all very humbling and Chief will get back into the saddle next game.
Which recruit is keeping you so busy?

Reaction Score
Boggles my mind why they can't recruit better. I get the admission might be tough but its New Orleans and great school. They also have a distinguished coach with nba pedigree.

Out of all the schools in the conference Tulane would be the school I would choose to attend given the choice
Tulane is among the oldest (1834 )and most prestigious schools in the South boasting the regions oldest medical school . Their applicants to acceptance ratio is among the highest in the country. ..They also have a substantial endowment of about 1.3 billion dollars. It’s a first choice school for the academically minded southern kids. By the way they are also AAU. We would kill for some of their metrics.
If that wanted to they certainly can afford an athletic upgrade but apparently there is an apathy among their alumni that applies little pressure to the administration.,
I think of it as our Northwestern, or Vanderbilt ,even of they suck it doesn’t hurt the conference to have them as a member.

C

Chief00

Tulane is among the oldest (1834 )and most prestigious schools in the South boasting the regions oldest medical school . Their applicants to acceptance ratio is among the highest in the country. ..They also have a substantial endowment of about 1.3 billion dollars. It’s a first choice school for the academically minded southern kids. By the way they are also AAU. We would kill for some of their metrics.
If that wanted to they certainly can afford an athletic upgrade but apparently there is an apathy among their alumni that applies little pressure to the administration.,
I think of it as our Northwestern, or Vanderbilt ,even of they suck it doesn’t hurt the conference to have them as a member.
A fair perspective.

Reaction Score
Northwestern and Vandy are certainly way more serious about athletics than Tulane.

Also it's a very good school but not at the level of Northwestern and Vanderbilt.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I posted in another thread, I had a conflict. I did watch some on my phone and I thought Adams, Gilbert, Vitale and Josh played well. Tough telling on a small screen but it looked as if Danny reigned in the sideline show. Much better and experience crew of officials this game. Not the hayseeds that we have been getting. True, Tulane may be the worse team in the conference but I do think Danny’s emphasis on practicing in Gampel has improved our shooting in that building. I expect to be back to delivering the Briefs as usual next Saturday. I want to thank all that have inquired.

His name is Vital.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Yes, it sucks to have bad teams in the conference. It sucks hard on Selection Sunday.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You guys are forgetting Tulane brings the AAC the New Orleans market, raises our academics and let's UConn football recruit in Louisiana!

The AAC has been a comedy of errors but the idea Aresco gets paid $1M and signed off on Tulane and ECU and people still say "he gets it! P6!" Is a head scratcher.

Reaction Score
"I want to thank all that have inquired."
Wow....sounds like SOMEONE is prepping for an academy award.

pj

Reaction Score

Agreed, I don't mind having Tulane in the conference, it's East Carolina and Tulsa that bug me. The conference should have stopped at 10, I don't see a football championship game having enough value to compensate for the two lightweights, and it was only a matter of time before a 10-school conference was going to be allowed a championship game anyway. Aresco screwed up expanding to 12.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Agreed, I don't mind having Tulane in the conference, it's East Carolina and Tulsa that bug me. The conference should have stopped at 10, I don't see a football championship game having enough value to compensate for the two lightweights, and it was only a matter of time before a 10-school conference was going to be allowed a championship game anyway. Aresco screwed up expanding to 12.

Truthfully there was no reason to have added Tulsa, Tulane, or ECU.

The math for the conference title game at 12 teams never made any sense. For the conference title game to have offset the two extra mouths to feed, the title game would have to have been roughly around $10M to ESPN, given that the whole league was getting paid around $40M.

So not only will neither programs football or basketball ever be competitive, but they were added for a conference title game that a) decreased the payout to the existing 10 teams b) aren't even needed to have a league title game now that the Big 12 can have one with 10 teams.

Reaction Score
Much better and experience crew of officials this game. Not the hayseeds that we have been getting.

The single worst official in America, Brian O’Connell, was on the crew last night. He just managed to take a night off from doing something embarrassing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You guys are forgetting Tulane brings the AAC the New Orleans market, raises our academics and let's UConn football recruit in Louisiana!

The AAC has been a comedy of errors but the idea Aresco gets paid $1M and signed off on Tulane and ECU and people still say "he gets it! P6!" Is a head scratcher.

Success has a thousand mothers. Tulane and Tulsa to the AAC have none.

Literally no one will even admit there was ever a vote or who voted to add.

Reaction Score
New Orleans isn't a really good City to live in. Even for younger kids the partying in French Qtr gets old. Campus is away from downtown. Even in city LSU and even UNO get as much run as Tulane.

I live in NOLA on Audubon Park within 3/4 of a mile from Tulane (which also borders the park) and go to basketball and football games there and I can tell you it is a great area to live in and the campus is pretty nice.

Students can get on trolley right on St. Charles Street (edge of campus and Audubon Park) and get a nice ride right to down town (being 4 miles from down town is a benefit not problem). Tulane are amongst the happiest students (per survey).

Great weather for school year, Mardi Gras and almost weekly free events around city are very "youth" friendly.

New Orleans is a great city to live in (around Tulane at least).

C

Chief00

The single worst official in America, Brian O’Connell, was on the crew last night. He just managed to take a night off from doing something embarrassing.

The only reason the prototypical AAC official doesn’t hold that designation is because you never heard of them.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Northwestern and Vandy are certainly way more serious about athletics than Tulane.

Also it's a very good school but not at the level of Northwestern and Vanderbilt.
Add Stanford, Duke, Notre Dame, USC, Wake Forest, even BCU & G'town, and Tulane just cracks a Top 10 of 'P7' basketball private schools w/strong academics.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Maybe I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, but I always think of Tulane as the new DePaul because they suck.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
How do I trade in Tulane's awesome metrics for NCAA credits?

For the record, I do think things like academics and research should matter in conference affiliation, but the value is diminished when the distance is so large that the alumni bases don't overlap. What made the old Big East vibrant was that even though it was a mix of private and public, there were lots of interactions between fanbases. That's pretty much gone now.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I don't know. Not really watching the game and failing to write your brief, seems very casual. While we have learned to generally appreciate the casual fan, in this situation it is just too sad.

Reaction Score
"Maybe I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, but I always think of Tulane as the new DePaul because they suck." [per Purple Stein]

Currently, DEPAUL is in the middle of the pack OBE, with a 11-6 overall & 3-3 in conference.
Led by formerly JC's stellar asst. Dave Leitao, the Blue Demons looked pretty decent when I saw them on TV
a few times. For the record, the team listed last in the OBE is our neighbors, Providence. Maybe Providence is the new Tulane.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
DePaul is decent this year and Leitao has a nice class coming in next year. Their new arena is excellent. Not a bad seat in the house. Unfortunately they wasted 20+ years before they built it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom