Where’s Bouknight ?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where’s Bouknight ??

Reaction Score
Ok cherry picker. He played 15 scared minutes tonight. He played. He didn't do anything. But folks want more. More of what at this point? Nice way of trying to pick and choose with your response. Please tell me what more you expect.
Yeah we should keep playing Vital at the end of close games. It’s working out great so far
What’s the definition of insanity again?

Reaction Score
You do that and you lose your most valuable asset come tournament time, experience especially in the back court. You need experience on the floor. You just have to put them in a position to succeed. Vital shouldn't be handling the ball in that instance. It was also possibly the game ending possession with less than 11 seconds on the clock. A senior trying to make a play. It is what it is at this point. Not sure what else you want. This team, this season will go as far as the experienced men can take them. Akok and Bouknight will assist and give plenty of shining moments, without a doubt. But if you expect freshmen to lead this team, you're sadly mistaken.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Kentucky and Duke do pretty well with freshman. Get over the senior thing. There are good basketball players and then there are better basketball players. Bouknight is better than Vital and should have the ball at the end of the game in that situation. Period. The End.

Reaction Score
Yeah we should keep playing Vital at the end of close games. It’s working out great so far
What’s the definition of insanity again?
Pretty close to you. At least idiotic. I don't know what you expect, but 9 games into the season youre not going to see a freshman in, instances like tonight. You live and die by the sword. The moment you sit a senior guard and another experienced guard in a situation like that, goodbye. He will be the guy next year and maybe by the end of this season, but its not happening 9 games into his freshman season. 9! and he missed the first three. Give it a rest already seriously.

Reaction Score
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Kentucky and Duke do pretty well with freshman. Get over the senior thing. There are good basketball players and then there are better basketball players. Bouknight is better than Vital and should have the ball at the end of the game in that situation. Period. The End.
You're delusional. Goodnight. I can't help you. I feel like im talking to a wall.

Reaction Score
If me pointing out that you exaggerate everyones points makes me a cherry picker then ok. Im a cherry picker. More minutes going forward or at least getting in the game sooner. He had a couple subpar games. You say we are overeaching. If we are it also seems you may be overreacting a bit to one or two quiet games. I dont think our basis for more is results oriented. It's about potential, the future and what this team needs offensively at times. If he plays more now he may be more comfortable later in the year to have a more consistent impact. Everyone understands hes a freshman and its only been a handful of games. We understand he is not a savior or anything close to it. A few people on a message board think he should play a bit more than you do. This really shouldn't be that much of a hot button issue.

Reaction Score
You're delusional. Goodnight. I can't help you. I feel like im talking to a wall.
Try to lower your heart rate before you go to sleep my friend. Stressing over my opinion ain’t gonna help you

Reaction Score
The point play was atrocious and Vital played a lot of point. They coulda run some plays for Bouk.

Reaction Score
When Bouk was in he seemed incredibly passive. I was hoping to see a killer instinct from him last night. It wasn’t there.

If him or BAdams gave us anything on the offensive end we win last night. But as Hurley said, there’s like 25 different ways we could’ve won that game. Frustrating.

Reaction Score
We used to run plays for Rip and Ray coming off screens for jump shots. Did we see that last night? he can go up for a shot or drive and create. wasted talent.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As much as I love Bouk and wanna give him the keys to my new car I jus can’t yet. We all see the potential but he’s still a freshman with not even 10 collegiate games under his belt. He needs time just like most freshman. We need just a lil more patience with this kid. He’ll shine with more experience. His time is coming
MSG is a daunting place to play. Bouk wasn't quite ready. I agree, he'll get there.

Akok on the other hand had a coming out party. I knew his upside was huge, but I didn't expect that kid to shine the way he did under the bright lights. AA is really special.

Reaction Score
Akok does it on the defensive end. Ball not in his hands. He has timely buckets and contributes but he's not the go to man on offense. Akok has also been on campus since last January before he ever played in a college game. Bouknight has significantly less time in the program and practicing against high end college talent each day to this point.

Regarding Vital, I disagree again. He made a boneheaded play at the end there. But he is far from in over his head. He's the best this team has right now as experienced guard in these instances. Bouknights time will come. I don't get you blow hards wanting him to play every minute. It never happened with Calhoun and it won't happen with Hurley.

Try again.

Because of Gilbert's foul trouble and Adam's disappearance, DH thought he had to use Vital at the point a good deal last night. It failed miserably. That's only part on Vital.

Vital is a limited player. He would not have been a starter during the Calhoun era. And he was awful last night. But he brings a lot to the table (normally) for this team in terms of effort and stuffing the stat sheet. Adams and Bouknight were given every opportunity to grab minutes from him last night. Each said "no thank you" with their play. That's not on the coaches.

Reaction Score
I think we are talking about going forward. We know what we have with the guys getting minutes over him and frankly they are what they are at this point. Bouknight will have games and moments like tonight cuz he is a freshman but he is the most talented offensive player we have. He is the only guy that can both create and finish. Most games and start of halves, we are not seeing him on the floor until the 13 minute mark. Yeah he was a bit timid tonight. 3 turnovers will do that to a freshman. I wish our senior guards were a little more timid tonight and Bouk was a bit more assertive.
THIS

Reaction Score
THIS. Like I said. Hurley’s main Job next three weeks is get bouk more involved in offense. The rest of the players we have ARE what they ARE -besides akok - who was fantastic tonight

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Because of Gilbert's foul trouble and Adam's disappearance, DH thought he had to use Vital at the point a good deal last night. It failed miserably. That's only part on Vital.

Vital is a limited player. He would not have been a starter during the Calhoun era. And he was awful last night. But he brings a lot to the table (normally) for this team in terms of effort and stuffing the stat sheet. Adams and Bouknight were given every opportunity to grab minutes from him last night. Each said "no thank you" with their play. That's not on the coaches.
Agree, but you have to add Gaffney in there as well.

We really missed Cole last night. A second experienced PG would have made a world of difference.

Reaction Score
Agree, but you have to add Gaffney in there as well.

We really missed Cole last night. A second experienced PG would have made a world of difference.

Fair enough about Gaffney. I didn't include him because I didn't think he was trusted enough where the opportunity to grab minutes was even there. With him and Whalley, we're just trying to give them minutes and not be hurt.

Reaction Score

You and I are on the same wave length here. Maybe Shine 33 and UCfor3 will view this.

Reaction Score
As much as I love Bouk and wanna give him the keys to my new car I jus can’t yet. We all see the potential but he’s still a freshman with not even 10 collegiate games under his belt. He needs time just like most freshman. We need just a lil more patience with this kid. He’ll shine with more experience. His time is coming
Maybe not the best choice of analogy considering his past....

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Love the kid but from where I sat - behind the UConn bench - he was horrid last night and many times both DH and TM were shaking their heads at what he was doing, not doing to be precise. I think they were hoping he would have the ability of harnessing his hype of playing in MSG but the lights were too bright last night. He will turn it around.
Nobody had a great night except maybe Sid. Akok was phenom when he was in but until he learns to cut out the fouls he is hurting the team but the kid is unbelievable - quickest reactions of any UConn player in a very long time
The guards were off all night and forced way too much
Polley did some positive things but his man on D was bad and didn't really move enough to get open looks at times
JC had some really nice movement but again wasn't aggressive in shaking off his man and was ineffective on D in the second half
This was a game that was very winnable in so many ways but until UConn learns to play hard and smart the full game - results like this will occur
IU plays very aggressive D and that bothered UConn all night. There is a better level of talent on IU in the first 10 players vs UConn
its not the end of the world but victory was there to be had

Reaction Score
Love the kid but from where I sat - behind the UConn bench - he was horrid last night and many times both DH and TM were shaking their heads at what he was doing, not doing to be precise. I think they were hoping he would have the ability of harnessing his hype of playing in MSG but the lights were too bright last night. He will turn it around.
Nobody had a great night except maybe Sid. Akok was phenom when he was in but until he learns to cut out the fouls he is hurting the team but the kid is unbelievable - quickest reactions of any UConn player in a very long time
The guards were off all night and forced way too much
Polley did some positive things but his man on D was bad and didn't really move enough to get open looks at times
JC had some really nice movement but again wasn't aggressive in shaking off his man and was ineffective on D in the second half
This was a game that was very winnable in so many ways but until UConn learns to play hard and smart the full game - results like this will occur
IU plays very aggressive D and that bothered UConn all night. There is a better level of talent on IU in the first 10 players vs UConn
its not the end of the world but victory was there to be had
He played 15 minutes. They ran nothing for him. That’s Hurley. We know what kind of shooters Vital and Gilbert are and I’d rather have Bouknight who has touch take some of these shots When he’s with the first team. Otherwise it’s more of the same.

Reaction Score
Agree but when he was in the game he was invisible and played very timid. Needs to be more of an offensive presence on the court. I thought he would step up tonight but no such luck. I wouldn’t be opposed to him starting and having Polley coming off the bench but that ain’t happening. Hurley is not going to take away PT from Vitale regardless of how Shittu he plays.
The one thing I noticed about polley
Is as vanilla a player he is, he doesn’t seem to make a lot of dumb decisions or turn the ball over a lot. He really plays within himself. That is a sign of confidence. If he can give me 4 bds a game and attack the rim or 12 footers. I think we would all be happy.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Bouk gets limited time with the vets and more time with the younger inexperienced group... it is that way for a reason. Wait for Bouk 2.0 / sophomore year.

however, conference play may be different.
Not a great way to attract big time talent. But as many have said, he's gotta play when he's in there. On the other hand, when Bouk is in he needs to know he has the green light to create and go get buckets.

Reaction Score
Not a great way to attract big time talent. But as many have said, he's gotta play when he's in there. On the other hand, when Bouk is in he needs to know he has the green light to create and go get buckets.

Agreed. I think he was being a timid freshman. It is what it is. It’s not on Hurley so much as it is on someone being confident with their game. Sometimes you play well, sometimes u dont

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I like Book, didn't play well Tuesday night

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The one thing I noticed about polley
Is as vanilla a player he is, he doesn’t seem to make a lot of dumb decisions or turn the ball over a lot. He really plays within himself. That is a sign of confidence. If he can give me 4 bds a game and attack the rim or 12 footers. I think we would all be happy.

I don't think it's confidence, as much as him knowing his role and being comfortable with that. It's def a good thing either way. The problem is that he's not going to make you many winning plays, outside of burying spot 3s.

4 bds a game is a big ask from Polley. He's currently averaging 2.8. I don't expect that to rise. Half of those are balls falling right to him. Dude's practically allergic to rebounding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom