When You watch These Tourney Games Do You Ever... | The Boneyard

When You watch These Tourney Games Do You Ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
....look at the way some of these players from mid majors perform and wonder how they would look in blue and white? Particularly post players who are not exceptionally athletic but have footwork and basic post moves, and this is key, good hands. I understand that you don't get everyone but you wonder if we don't recruit that type or is it that they are scared off to come to a big time program where their minutes look to be be limited? Makes me also wonder whether our current guard crop scared off players because of the title, thinking Samuel and Calhoun had things wrapped up? Grass always looks greener but after this season especially so.

Reaction Score
I was expecting to be bummed out watching the tourney, because I'd feel like our guys are so pathetic compared to these good to great teams, but so far what I've been seeing is that we arent all that much different.

Watching VCU I was like, why cant we get these kids? Why do so many want to jump up and down for Shaka but not for KO? Then near the end of the game they threw the ball away twice in crunch time. Moreira goaltends with 10 seconds left to blow a game for SMU, and maybe I'm just being extra hard on our guys.

We definitely had flashes of brilliance at times, but not enough to offset the sloppy questionable play, but it seems the teams streaking in March are still making bonehead plays, just not as often

Reaction Score
I was expecting to be bummed out watching the tourney, because I'd feel like our guys are so pathetic compared to these good to great teams, but so far what I've been seeing is that we arent all that much different.

Watching VCU I was like, why cant we get these kids? Why do so many want to jump up and down for Shaka but not for KO? Then near the end of the game they threw the ball away twice in crunch time. Moreira goaltends with 10 seconds left to blow a game for SMU, and maybe I'm just being extra hard on our guys.

We definitely had flashes of brilliance at times, but not enough to offset the sloppy questionable play, but it seems the teams streaking in March are still making bonehead plays, just not as often
I agree, these kids are making the same mistakes , and we as a team were about on the same level even though we didn't make it.

Reaction Score
Northeastern had a couple bugs who knew what they were doing around the hoop that's for sure. Besides shot blocking they would have been nice in the uni. 43 for sure!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Northeastern is definitely a mid-major on the rise. They've started recruiting the NEPSAC and one of their incoming bigs had a good number of high-major offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom