When you don't have championship trophies for your recruits to pose with... ;-) | The Boneyard

When you don't have championship trophies for your recruits to pose with... ;-)

Reaction Score
Screenshot 2023-10-10 113938.jpg

Reaction Score
Development to become a lottery pick and get a second contract>Chasing NIL $

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Congratulations
You‘ve just won the AZ. Weasel award for the year
It goes to the person who makes a mistake and then by the creative use of wordplay defends that post
You're mistaken. I didn't make the mistake you're referring to. My howler is in the Roumoglou thread.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Congratulations
You‘ve just won the AZ. Weasel award for the year
It goes to the person who makes a mistake and then by the creative use of wordplay defends that post
Congratulations. You've won the Weasel award for calling out the wrong person. :D
Meanwhile, I am leaving my original post, mistake and all, as is.
I will add though.... a tacky Razorback boom box rather than their sole trophy? Ancient as it may be.

Reaction Score
Congratulations. You've won the Weasel award for calling out the wrong person. :D
Meanwhile, I am leaving my original post, mistake and all, as is.
I will add though.... a tacky Razorback boom box rather than their sole trophy? Ancient as it may be.

.you should have taken credit for as that was a great second post even if I got it wrong
I will gladly accept my own award for poor reading comprehension. You do understand that original award is a compliment to creativity and weaseling is art form . not an insult . if it was not deserved I applaud you modesty at returning the prize .

Reaction Score
I will gladly accept my own award for poor reading comprehension. You do understand that original award is a compliment to creativity and weaseling is art form . not an insult . if it was not deserved I applaud you modesty at returning the prize .

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nolan Richardson, Scotty Thurman, and Lee Mayberry say hi.
Indeed. The picture merely shows the portable music device common to that era.

Reaction Score
I was getting the Todd Day Lee Mayberry team mixed up with the Thurman and Corliss team, my bad. Arkansas was great back then.
I believe Todd Day and Lee Mayberry went to the Final Four as freshmen in 1990 in UConn's Dream Season and everyone assumed they would make the Final Four and win a title in their later years because they could only get better. Except they only reached the Final Four that one time.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
And that was a killer team. Arkansas was awesome back then

I just told @superjohn how I really liked that team those years, and I remember my dad had/got me a short/jersey set of Corliss.

Well I've been checking 19nine and there's some ridiculous retro shorts I've wanted, but at $70 a pop I can't be frivolous. Checked this afternoon after our discussion, and they're on sale for 30 plus I had free shipping. Got em. Can't wait.

Thurman with the long sleeves under the jersey, banging 30 footers - loved that squad.

Reaction Score
Day and Mayberry were with Milwaukee while I lived there. Day had a small convertible. like a boxter or a Miata sized thing. The dude looked hysterical in it. He was bigger than the car. It looked like a life sized, two seater version of the cars in the game LIFE.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
1994 natty. And they beat Dook in the final. I knew I liked them for a reason. Other than how hard they played. I remember watching the in 94 and thinking they were as good or better at the full court press than our dream team.

Last edited:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I just told @superjohn how I really liked that team those years, and I remember my dad had/got me a short/jersey set of Corliss.

Well I've been checking 19nine and there's some ridiculous retro shorts I've wanted, but at $70 a pop I can't be frivolous. Checked this afternoon after our discussion, and they're on sale for 30 plus I had free shipping. Got em. Can't wait.

Thurman with the long sleeves under the jersey, banging 30 footers - loved that squad.
They had the longest shorts I’ve ever seen if I remember correctly. Looked like capri pants on some of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom